• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2024 Presidential Primaries and Election

I would also argue that "evangelical" in America is a term that has really lost all meaning and serves as a proxy term for socio-political orthodoxy.
I would agree. There was a brief movement among some Evangelicals, especially Black Evangelicals, to reclaim the basic tenets of Evangelicalism and separate it from its pollical connotation (proponents being those like Jemar Tisby and Tyler Burns), but ultimately they gave up the ghost and abandoned the phrase to the mostly political understanding of Christian Nationalism.

What's the difference between a Protestant and an Evangelical? Because I'm apparently only kinda Trumpy with the former and suuuuuuuuper Trumpy with the latter.
How you feel about gay rights and abortion, also how paranoid you are about child sex trafficking in America.

I would also argue that "evangelical" in America is a term that has really lost all meaning and serves as a proxy term for socio-political orthodoxy.
Definitely.
I would agree. There was a brief movement among some Evangelicals, especially Black Evangelicals, to reclaim the basic tenets of Evangelicalism and separate it from its pollical connotation (proponents being those like Jemar Tisby and Tyler Burns), but ultimately they gave up the ghost and abandoned the phrase to the mostly political understanding of Christian Nationalism.
Yeah. I was here before I just stopped with church all together.

I'm pretty sure this is not what you want to do when you're on the VP short list in hopes that you'll appeal to suburban white women. She killed a puppy for being a puppy.

and yet it makes perfect sense because Trump hates dogs. This will probably play in her favor.

I've seen plenty of Trump stickers on trucks with dogs riding in cages in the back or Trump flags in yards with dogs left outside, so I dunno

Can you #BuildAnAmericanVoter?

A straight white man aged 35-44 from a suburb in Massachusetts, who is Catholic or Orthodox and has a postgraduate degree has a:

🔴 51% chance of voting for Trump
🔵 49% Biden

I am the SWING VOTER, bow down to me American media and ask me all the questions.
I'm kind of surprised at the Trumpiness of a Boston suburban white male. Maybe I shouldn't be, based on my town's Facebook group.

A straight white man aged 55-64 from a suburb in Massachusetts, who is agnostic and has a college degree has a:

🔵 64% chance of voting for Biden
🔴 36% Trump

After I filled this out I checked options for atheist and that changed the vote from 64 to 80. Seems like an odd distinction for having such a discrepancy.

I'm kind of surprised at the Trumpiness of a Boston suburban white male. Maybe I shouldn't be, based on my town's Facebook group.

A straight white man aged 55-64 from a suburb in Massachusetts, who is agnostic and has a college degree has a:

🔵 64% chance of voting for Biden
🔴 36% Trump

After I filled this out I checked options for atheist and that changed the vote from 64 to 80. Seems like an odd distinction for having such a discrepancy.
You’re surprised an atheist is more decisive than an agnostic?

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure this is not what you want to do when you're on the VP short list in hopes that you'll appeal to suburban white women. She killed a puppy for being a puppy.

Apparently this is not illegal in most states as long as you do it quickly. Like shooting it in the head where it will die nearly instantly rather than in the belly where in might bleed out over a 30 minute period. The second is “cruel,” the first is only illegal if you fire the gun in a municipality with fire arm discharge regulations. Human’s don’t deserve dogs.

I can only hope that Noem and Republicans turn this into an argument about legality and "states' rights" to kill dogs.

Didn’t Mike huckabee have a dog killing incident that was way worse and it barely moved the needle?

Until you remember that Trump is very anti dog. Everything she is doing right now is for an audience of one. They are probably already workshopping something about putting the Biden dog down when they are in office.

Romney’s was bad but not shooting it because the dog was annoying bad. Iirc he put his dog inside the dog crate and then strapped the dog crate to the roof for a multi hour family road trip. The dog may had had diarrhea and he didn’t want it inside the car or something like that.

Back