• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2024 Wake Baseball Thread: What Did We Do To Deserve This?

Thanks for putting this together. I’ve been checking box scores from time to time, and it’s a hassle, especially because the MILB app is a bit wonky. Wish there was a website where you could select players to track stats across a season, almost like fantasy baseball. Maybe there is, I just don’t know about it.
I can’t even get twitter ai to understand that I’m a fan of Kobie Turner not all the rams.

Baseball Cube has their alumni report, linked below. The website is a bit sketchy as far as pop-ups go, but the info is legit:

ND looks a little better than their record, ranked 41st in d1baseball's advanced metrics (we are 9th) and they just swept BC. You would think their lack of lefty pitching would work in our favor though.

i also am hopeful tony morales hits in every game, i'm liking how we are doing more pinch hitting for our starting catcher and then moving to a defensive replacement for the rest of the game.

Last edited:
Deacs face RHP Matt Bedford today. Skinny on Bedford:

• A senior (did not pitch as a frosh), Bedford was primarily a reliever until this year
  • 9 Starts in 2024: 1-4 4.78 ERA 32 IP 28 H 4 HRs 23 BB 25 Ks
  • Against ACC teams:
    • VT 2.1 IP 3 H 4 ER 2 BB 1 K
    • FSU 4 IP 3 H 2 ER 0 BB 4 K
    • Mia 4.1 IP 4 H 1 ER 1 BB 7 K
    • NCS 3.2 IP 6 H 5 ER 1 BB 1 K
    • CL 4.2 IP 2 H 0 ER 3 BB 5 K
    • UNC 3.2 IP 7 H 7 ER 1 BB 1 K
    • BC 5 IP 4 H 1 ER 2 BB 0 K
  • WF with Burns has a big edge in the pitching matchup. That said, WF is coming off getting shutdown by Elon; so, anything is possible.

ND looks a little better than their record, ranked 41st in d1baseball's advanced metrics (we are 9th) and they just swept BC. You would think their lack of lefty pitching would work in our favor though.

i also am hopeful tony morales hits in every game, i'm liking how we are doing more pinch hitting for our starting catcher and then moving to a defensive replacement for the rest of the game.

dont have to wait long for tony action:

burns allows so few balls in play, i think going with a weaker defense works. could say similar for hartle with his strikeout and gb tendency. can pinch hit nelson for gill whenever if/when we need a defensive sub.

also noteworthy that no lefties means no issue stacking kurtz and reinisch. or maybe we are even trying to bait them out.

everyone we know publicly should suggest yes, for the rest of this season.

it’s hard to do both, he plays a lot on offense/field and has been dreadful in his limited pitching appearances

btw, don’t want to be a pain — but the espn feed is usually about two minutes behind the live action so minimal spoilers would be appreciated at least by me 🙏

Back