• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2024 Wake Baseball Thread: What Did We Do To Deserve This?

Looks like they should have moved the game to 8 instead of up to 4 based on the storm about to pass through.

ETA: Was typing that when you posted that. The storm about to hit is going to be in the area for at least 3-4 hours.

I was thinking the other way like noted earlier....maybe 2pm start.

Yo Cameron, I was not familiar with that part of your game. Respect!

tellier hasn't been horrible (.803 OPS in conference games coming into the game), but that's way lower than our top 5 hitters, and also lower than javar. but he has the most PAs by a real amount.

This is the inning we score I think. Either they put their bullpen in or we get to this SP the third time through

Deacs face RHP Matt Bedford today. Skinny on Bedford:

• A senior (did not pitch as a frosh), Bedford was primarily a reliever until this year
  • 9 Starts in 2024: 1-4 4.78 ERA 32 IP 28 H 4 HRs 23 BB 25 Ks
  • Against ACC teams:
    • VT 2.1 IP 3 H 4 ER 2 BB 1 K
    • FSU 4 IP 3 H 2 ER 0 BB 4 K
    • Mia 4.1 IP 4 H 1 ER 1 BB 7 K
    • NCS 3.2 IP 6 H 5 ER 1 BB 1 K
    • CL 4.2 IP 2 H 0 ER 3 BB 5 K
    • UNC 3.2 IP 7 H 7 ER 1 BB 1 K
    • BC 5 IP 4 H 1 ER 2 BB 0 K
  • WF with Burns has a big edge in the pitching matchup. That said, WF is coming off getting shutdown by Elon; so, anything is possible.

Bedford with an ACC career high 5.2 IP

Back