• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2024 Wake Baseball Thread: What Did We Do To Deserve This?

Cons: Sucks we don't get some sort of "thank you" at home for the guys and fans (during the regular season) and also sucks that I don't get to yell some out of pocket shit at Liberty.

Pros: We get an extra days rest, and fuck Liberty we shouldn't be playing them in anything anyways.

It appears all ACC teams are bailing on playing today as early as possible (before the weather could possibly improve):

Was starting to get optimistic they'd play, with the forecast letting up around 6.

Oh well. Lets finish the season on a run, and get some more games back at the Couch in June
Hopefully back at The Couch starting the regionals on May 31....

Lol at the committee a couple weeks ago vaguely threatening teams that cancel games for RPI reasons.

Develop a less stupid metric to rely on and this won’t happen!

The fence on top of the wall in right and foul pole in right field are down. There was also some damage to the scoreboard, but the stadium wasn’t anything close to destroyed. If they can get a new foul pole up, I think they’ll play (no fence would just make for a short porch in right field, but I’m pretty sure it’s not as short as ours - and I would think a chain link fence would be easier to source on super short notice than a foul pole in any event). If not, FAMU has a Thurs, Fri, Sat home series, but that would seem like the most likely spot if they can work out the timing.
You're correct. After further reading, I think the initial article I read the day after reported it was a little more devastating than it actually was.

Not sure why UVa seems to be a lock to host. I have not been impressed with them. We should have taken 2 out of 3 and without having their schedule in front of me my guess is they have loaded up on the easier games. Their pitching is meh.
Baseball is built on results not “should haves”. We all play in the ACC and we have given away at least 3 games. Wish we didn’t but we did. So that is our record. Now play like we did this past two weeks (all year) and we are definitely a Super Seed host. Finish up with a State sweep and we still might be!

I’m from Columbia. There is nothing good or great about UofSC fans. Is that who you’re referring to? USC fans are fine. I don’t interact with them much because most of them are in California.
All I know is they had back to back baseball natties in 2010-11.

really cool

Maybe I'm an idiot, but I had absolutely no idea that is how they change what camera is the live one for sports broadcasts. Pretty cool to hear it happening and see the screen with all the camera angles.

Back