• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2024 Wake Baseball Thread: What Did We Do To Deserve This?

Usually this is just because they are a fanbase that hasn't won much recently. UNC and Clemson have both actually been good at football and/or basketball in recent memory, which brings out the annoying fair-weather fans.

If South Carolina started winning a lot at football their fans would be absolutely insufferable.

During South Carolina's brief period of relevancy during the 80's with Joe Morrison as coach, I had a co-worker tell me that SC was "one of the top 5 programs in college football; if you don't know that then you don't know ball". I asked him to clarify team vs. program. He said program. When I pointed out that they had never won a bowl game he became extremely angry. That was my first real exposure to South Carolina football fans. I find them to be as delusional about their place in the sport as any fanbase I've encountered.

According to the ESPN app, there are 18 midweek games that are cancelled today. That’s hilarious

During South Carolina's brief period of relevancy during the 80's with Joe Morrison as coach, I had a co-worker tell me that SC was "one of the top 5 programs in college football; if you don't know that then you don't know ball". I asked him to clarify team vs. program. He said program. When I pointed out that they had never won a bowl game he became extremely angry. That was my first real exposure to South Carolina football fans. I find them to be as delusional about their place in the sport as any fanbase I've encountered.
We beat them in the first ever Gator Bowl. They wouldn’t win their first bowl game for almost 60 more years.

It just stopped raining here. I think the cancellations in the Carolinas and Virginia are legit. This is t canceling a game with cleat weather to protect rpi.
It is absolutely pouring in the Triangle.

Yeah the cancellations are totally legit. Just funny. A lot of baseball coaches were happy with the weather today.

I believe tonight is the 1st rainout of the year? Been many games where I said no way they get it in and they did somehow.
Technically believe so. We were supposed to play Valpo way early in the season and ended up playing a doubleheader against Binghamton (I think) the next day to make up for it.

Unless someone has a better memory.

Yeah that was weird. I didn’t remember it being rain. But it was a weird change of schedule that weekend.

Back