• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2024 Wake Baseball Thread: What Did We Do To Deserve This?

I’m 0-4. @UNC football 2021,@UNC basketball 2023, @Duke football 2022, @Duke basketball 2024
I've got:

2022 football @ NC State
2023 football @ Duke
2024 football @ Duke
2024 basketball @ NC State
2024 basketball @ North Carolina
2024 basketball @ Duke
2024 baseball vs UNC Wilmington

Might be best for all the ladies in attendance to not have El Chupe, American Hero, and Cole Roland in the same venue. Not sure labor and delivery wards in the Triangle would be prepared.
I think a paternity test may be in order actually. When I see Dr. Animal stalk the mound, it’s exactly like watching a young El Chupe on $5-All-You-Can-Drink Wednesday’s on Freddie B’s.

https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/5492694/2024/05/16/wake-forest-mlb-draft-prospects-cws/

Cool feature in The Athletic on Wake's roster from a MLB draft perspective.

Corey Muscara’s phone buzzed. He thought he was being punked.

Have you ever heard of Chase Burns? He has interest in Wake Forest. Do you guys have interest in him?

The text was from a friend named Jacob Turner, a top-10 pick in the 2009 MLB Draft who pitched in the major leagues from 2011-18 and is now a financial advisor.
Muscara had recently completed his second season as the pitching coach at Wake Forest. And, after flirting with a head coaching opportunity that he ultimately declined, Muscara was back in Winston-Salem, N.C., looking to restock his pitching staff after the Demon Deacons’ magical 2023 season that included an ACC championship and the school’s first trip to the College World Series since 1955.

“I called him right away,” Muscara said. “I just started laughing. I was like, ‘Of course we have interest.’”

And we still have more bowl game wins than they do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'd take those baseball titles over bowl wins any day. They played for a 3rd straight but lost to Arizona in 2012 finals.

Ray Tanner was a helluva coach but a pretty meh AD.

I’ll be there tomorrow with some friends, one of whom played baseball at State. Very relieved it’s Burns day.

Back