• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2024 Wake Baseball Thread: What Did We Do To Deserve This?

He was hitting for Burley who had a sun .100 BA instead of Gill and who isn’t really any better than Nelson at the plate.
Not that it matters but this move is fine. Nelson is better than Burley and gets on base with more regularity.

Positives are Morningstar and Shenosky. That’s in. That’s the list.

Need to shake this one off and get that W tomorrow. This one started out bad and only got worse from there
ETA: poor pitching, poor fielding, poor play behind the plate, and cold bats is a recipe for a shit show

It's like we've totally forgotten how to hit
He was hitting for Burley who had a sun .100 BA instead of Gill and who isn’t really any better than Nelson at the plate.

But didn't Burley have one of our few hits?

With State away and Clemson home left on the schedule, we really needed a sweep here. We are in real danger of not hosting.

I’d be interested in shuffling the lineup tomorrow.

Houston
King
Kurtz
Rhino
Tellier
Winnay
Williams
Tone/Nelson
Gill

See if we can get a little more momentum injected into the middle of the order.

A lot is riding on tomorrow now.

In my eyes a loss likely does the following:

Drops us firmly back to probably the 18ish realm (exact number up for debate). WCU weekend can pretty much only hurt us more. We go into the Clemson weekend playing for a win to host a regional, and a loss to wipe us from any hosting contention.

Bizarre. Absolutely inexplicable. Not even close to .200 either. Just guessing he can come in to play D whereas others like Katz might not be a viable D option?
The same mother who told me that Hartle's dad thought the lab has messed him up also said if I'd come to batting practice, I'd wonder why several bench warmers are not getting a shot at the plate. Evidently, there are several guys crushing it who have never played.

I remember Walter saying he had to put Hartle back in the lab to tweak some things. Result? Hartle is pitching worse than at the beginning of the season.

Back