• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

5 pm press conference

Ron told a bunch of tall tales when he introduced Bz four years ago. This performance shows he still hasn't learned his lesson. We know he is lying and it is unbecoming and upsetting on so many levels. He is supposed to be a role model. Shame on you Ron. Please retire.

I'm in agreement that Wellman needs to go and have said so before, but this is a really important hire that, unfortunately, Wellman is in the best position to make. The best thing we have going for us is that he knows that he needs to hit a game-winning grand slam with this hire.

Simply said, there's a trust deficit with Wellman. There's been one since we lost to Stetson among most average fans and it appears as though the elite fans have seen the light of day despite the Pravda spin.

If I had to guess, there is negative good will and negative capital with Wellman. The hire will be an on-paper lock for a mid-major coach. If Howland is hired then Wellman's trust deficit will become fact in my mind. Despite a great run, there are some "culture" issues with him. Wellman wouldn't make that hire without full autonomy.

Anyway, why is there no buzz about Buzz Williams?

The glass of water thing was cringe-worthy

Toughest ACC schedule? Is this a joke?

The pathological liar is so good at lying that he convinces those around him that he believes what he says. We are dealing with a real gem.

I don't want to say I told you so. But, I told you so.

I started a thread on this board over two years ago asking who should replace Ron Wellman as our AD.

The guy is just no longer "there". I'm not sure if it's a medical or mental issue or just ignorance on full display.

In any case, he's simply just no longer a competent employee of Wake Forest as the press conference clearly demonstrates.

http://www.journalnow.com/sports/wf...cle_1cfcf0a8-b094-11e3-b197-0017a43b2370.html

Article from Scott Hamilton... The headline says it all.

Wellman not getting much charity from the Journal, none of whose people seem to be buying Wellman's spinfest about Buzz.

Interestingly, Hamilton even seems to credit the Stratts' last round of billboards as at least partially effective: "The unrest reached a toxic boiling point last week with more billboards calling for [Redacted]’s ouster going up even as Wake Forest was securing its first ACC Tournament victory in seven years. Enough was eventually enough, the school said."

Wellman is sick in the head.

Nice work Stratt. Ignore the haters.

I don't want to say I told you so. But, I told you so.

I started a thread on this board over two years ago asking who should replace Ron Wellman as our AD.

The guy is just no longer "there". I'm not sure if it's a medical or mental issue or just ignorance on full display.

In any case, he's simply just no longer a competent employee of Wake Forest as the press conference clearly demonstrates.

I'm horrified that this man was in charge of the Selection Committee

Might explain some of the awful seed selections

"Jeff did all I ever anticipated."

This may rank #1 on dumbest Wellman quotes. Wow, just wow.

Back