• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

5 pm press conference

that's the fucking problem. He's from the school where you ignore issues and hope they go away and work behind the scenes but avoid honesty at all costs. Enron and shit

that's the fucking problem. He's from the school where you ignore issues and hope they go away and work behind the scenes but avoid honesty at all costs. Enron and Krispy Kreme and shit

FIFY

Last edited:
One thing is for sure: not a damn thing Wellman or [Redacted] has said in public in the last two months was the least bit true.

http://www.journalnow.com/sports/wf...cle_1cfcf0a8-b094-11e3-b197-0017a43b2370.html

Article from Scott Hamilton... The headline says it all.

Well that was the fucking weirdest thing I have ever seen.

Sorry if it's been mentioned, but it's unfair/irresponsible to use Green the way Wellman has been since he was injured. I don't want to insult Green, but at the risk of doing so, he wasn't projected to be the next Duncan. Why keep stacking more pressure on Green in the presser?

I don't want to believe that Wellman is doing it to be covered both ways. By that I mean it's like Wellman implies that "if we had a healthy Green we wouldn't be here because [Redacted] would have won enough to get an extension," and then time passes, Green plays and doesn't prove to be a game-changer, and Wellman says "well, he had a career-altering injury... imagine what it could have been."

I'm not saying Green can't be that guy, but why does Wellman have to go to the extent that he did in this presser and other interviews in the past. I don't want to believe it's a weak CYA measure, but I can't argue anything else.

Sorry if it's been mentioned, but it's unfair/irresponsible to use Green the way Wellman has been since he was injured. I don't want to insult Green, but at the risk of doing so, he wasn't projected to be the next Duncan. Why keep stacking more pressure on Green in the presser?

I don't want to believe that Wellman is doing it to be covered both ways. By that I mean it's like Wellman implies that "if we had a healthy Green we wouldn't be here because [Redacted] would have won enough to get an extension," and then time passes, Green plays and doesn't prove to be a game-changer, and Wellman says "well, he had a career-altering injury... imagine what it could have been."

I'm not saying Green can't be that guy, but why does Wellman have to go to the extent that he did in this presser and other interviews in the past. I don't want to believe it's a weak CYA measure, but I can't argue anything else.

Well, when something is obvious.... it is obvious.

http://www.journalnow.com/sports/wf...cle_1cfcf0a8-b094-11e3-b197-0017a43b2370.html

Article from Scott Hamilton... The headline says it all.

Nearly hour-long meeting? Didn't Wellman present it implying that it took as long as the civil rights movement or am I wrong?

I made it through 10 minutes of that shit. I couldn't take anymore of it. Holy fuck. Ron Wellman really has some problems.

mental illness. wonder if he has dementia. or a drug problem.

for once i am not trying to be a prick. that was sad. i feel bad for him.

Nearly hour-long meeting? Didn't Wellman present it implying that it took as long as the civil rights movement or am I wrong?

Nah, that timeline was established by Wellman in his presser today.

Of course, the decision was made weeks ago, but lets just go with what Wellman said today... that was an hour long discussion before the team meeting was called.

mental illness. wonder if he has dementia. or a drug problem.

for once i am not trying to be a prick. that was sad. i feel bad for him.

Me too. I swear, he was not that much of a dickhead when I was at Wake. Even if he did always confuse me with other guys on the team.

well, it sounds like we've got years' worth of board memes if wellman screws up this hire.

Nah, that timeline was established by Wellman in his presser today.

Of course, the decision was made weeks ago, but lets just go with what Wellman said today... that was an hour long discussion before the team meeting was called.

I stand corrected.

Ron told a bunch of tall tales when he introduced Bz four years ago. This performance shows he still hasn't learned his lesson. We know he is lying and it is unbecoming and upsetting on so many levels. He is supposed to be a role model. Shame on you Ron. Please retire.

I like Ron Wellman. I am unabashedly WellmanIn. . .but there was a lot of bullshit being slung at Deacon Tower today. Why has Ron gotten to the point where he can't fire anyone? Yesterday. . .fucking yesterday. . .[Redacted] was telling Dan that the was pressing forward. Today he resigns. Bullshit! Why can't he just say, "We love Jeff [Redacted], but winning is part of the mix and we just have not done enough of that these past four years and we had to make a change." Why can't he say, " Attendance has been way down and we just can't afford to be patient any longer?"

Ron. . .you are assaulting our intelligence, man.

I like Ron Wellman. I am unabashedly WellmanIn. . .but there was a lot of bullshit being slung at Deacon Tower today. Why has Ron gotten to the point where he can't fire anyone? Yesterday. . .fucking yesterday. . .[Redacted] was telling Dan that the was pressing forward. Today he resigns. Bullshit! Why can't he just say, "We love Jeff [Redacted], but winning is part of the mix and we just have not done enough of that these past four years and we had to make a change." Why can't he say, " Attendance has been way down and we just can't afford to be patient any longer?"

I remember when I found out Santa Claus wasn't real.

That shit fucked me up big time.

Exactly. You beat me to it. Why can't the man fess up? Let the fans know he was wrong? That Buzz wasn't the guy to lead the program? That though we "want to do things the right way," winning is just as important? Fuck you, Ron. We're at least as intelligent as you. Man up.

Back