• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ACC Football Schedule to be Released at 3, 2014 Wake Schedule in OP

Oh yeah I just meant if army and navy were to be included I wouldn't have been surprised if we kept playing army.

BC before they joined the ACC. I'm grateful to Grobe that I got to take four great road trips I otherwise wouldn't have taken.

Wake will probably just continue to play army or navy as the power conference team but maybe that's changing with Grobe gone.

We should only play Navy in years we play Ga Tech in my opinion. Otherwise, it's a waste of time preparing for that offense if you don't see it again that year.

Yeah. Only three games against traditional rivals, all in November. We've played more games against Army than against 7 teams on our schedule, everybody except Clemson, State, Duke, and FSU).

I think this years schedule set-up is as good as we can expect. Sept is filled with the OOC games. We have our Academy game, 1-AA, Sun Belt and a game 2 time zones away and at 5,000 ft elevation. We then have 2 tough games, an open date, then 2 evenly matched teams. Three tough games, then Duke. When we get off the plane from Tally, we won't be leaving the state of NC for the rest of the season. Our future schedule will only become harder if we play the top end teams from the power conferences, not the Kansas, Rutgers, Washington Sts of the world.

Stupid question, but would Notre Dame count as that additional power conference game? Could a team play 8 conference games, ND, FCS, Tulane, and Army?

I think this years schedule set-up is as good as we can expect. Sept is filled with the OOC games. We have our Academy game, 1-AA, Sun Belt and a game 2 time zones away and at 5,000 ft elevation. We then have 2 tough games, an open date, then 2 evenly matched teams. Three tough games, then Duke. When we get off the plane from Tally, we won't be leaving the state of NC for the rest of the season. Our future schedule will only become harder if we play the top end teams from the power conferences, not the Kansas, Rutgers, Washington Sts of the world.

Agreed. Good schedule for a new head coach. He gets a true road test before going on the road in the ACC.

I don't remember seeing that Utah State will be on CBSSN.

So ESPNU, CBSSN, and ESPN3 night games for UL-Monroe, Utah State, and Gardner-Webb. I'll take it.

Back