• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ACC Football Schedule to be Released at 3, 2014 Wake Schedule in OP

Riley analyzes the ACC schedule. Not surprisingly no Wake mention:

I'd be fine with 4 wins as long as we were competitive in the losses and we looked well coached, like we did in Grobe's first few years.

Yup. I don't fault Clawson for the roster that will be put on the field, I'd like to just see improvement throughout the year and great effort.

Did anybody notice the after we get back from FSU on Oct 4th, the Deacs don't leave the state of North Carolina for the rest of the season.

Yeah. It was mentioned above. One of the features that makes this about the best schedule we could hope for.

Cumber -

FIFY....and what about VT's defense, eh ?

So what it this the 4th or 5th time we've hosted Va. Tech and have only had to play in Blacksburg once since they've been in the league?

Virginia Tech loses 6 starters on defense including 3 of 4 on the d-line. Obviously VT will be a solid favorite in this game, but the VT offense has sucked for awhile and they lose Logan Thomas, and their defense loses a lot of talent. FWIW, VT football is trending down; was not that long ago that they had surpassed FSU as the top program in the ACC; they are not close to that level right now.

FIFY....and what about VT's defense, eh ?[/QUOTE]

Pilchard, vt, cville, and others, what is the buzz around Beamer's future at VT? I would imagine their discussions are similar to the ones we're having about Grobe although Lobo and Foster are not as similar.

Syracuse is the first (and only school this season) to play Maryland OOC.

Syracuse is the first (and only school this season) to play Maryland OOC.

Other than Cuse (MD plays at Cuse next year, and Cuse plays at MD in 2019), I don't think ACC teams will be scheduling MD for OOC games in the foreseeable future. While teams can back out of commitments, MD currently has no football OOC openings until 2020. I doubt ACC teams will schedule MD in football and basketball for awhile. Will be interesting to see what happens in the non-revenue sports as MD has a lot of ACC rivals in soccer, lax and field hockey, but given the current acrimonious climate, would not be surprised if the ACC dissuades conference teams from playing them. This is not new to MD as MD and Georgetown's on-going feud has kept them from playing each other not only in basketball, but in soccer, lax and all other sports even though the schools are 10 miles apart. Really stupid.

Other than Cuse (MD plays at Cuse next year, and Cuse plays at MD in 2019), I don't think ACC teams will be scheduling MD for OOC games in the foreseeable future. While teams can back out of commitments, MD has no OOC openings until 2020. I doubt ACC teams will schedule MD in football and basketball for awhile. Will be interesting to see what happens in the non-revenue sports as MD has a lot of rivalries in soccer, lax and field hockey with ACC schools, but given the current climate, would not be surprised if the ACC dissuades conference teams from playing them. This is not new to MD as MD and Georgetown on-going feud has kept them from playing each other not only in basketball, but in soccer, lax and all other sports even though the schools are 10 miles apart.

Basically, Maryland has AIDS.

UL-Monroe Thursday night opener on ESPNU. Surprised we're getting TV for that one

UL-Monroe Thursday night opener on ESPNU. Surprised we're getting TV for that one

Agree. Wonder if it has a weird start time so the the U can show two games that day.

Probably something like 6:30 or 7, which would be 5:30 or 6 Central, so that the next game can start around 10 on the west coast?

ETA: According to this article, game starts at 7

Back