• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ACC Football Schedule to be Released at 3, 2014 Wake Schedule in OP

Dude, we're playing at Louisana-Monroe and at Utah State University. If that's not mixing it up, I don't know what is.

Dude, we're playing at Louisana-Monroe and at Utah State University. If that's not mixing it up, I don't know what is.

Doesn't count because these were last-minute pick-ups to make up for dropped games.

Agree that we need to take a long break from the service academies as well as the Big South Conference.

Who would you rather play? We've either already played, scheduled, tried to schedule, or absorbed into the ACC most of the privates we could play since the Caldwell era.

I thought Utah State was a good add. We got a 2 for 1, which is almost unheard of with a FBS school for a school our size, and they are a decent program in an area of the country we rarely play. Not bad for a desperation add.

ULM was a desperation add too.

Last edited:
Why not add someone from the SoCon like Wofford, Furman, Elon, Samford, Chattanooga, etc?

We would rather not play two FCS schools. That's the last alternative.

Well Clemson is famous for this. SC State and Citadel last year & SC State & Georgia St next year.

Why not someone out of the MAC, Ball St. anyone?

Well Clemson is famous for this. SC State and Citadel last year & SC State & Georgia St next year.

Why not someone out of the MAC, Ball St. anyone?

Sure, but I would just as soon play Utah State.

So do we know what time the schedule will be released?

Duke will now be Thanksgiving weekend. State-UNC also now a Thanksgiving weekend game.

Who would you rather play? We've either already played, scheduled, tried to schedule, or absorbed into the ACC most of the privates we could play since the Caldwell era.

A full conference slate like the old days but that's not going to ever happen again.:mad:

Duke will now be Thanksgiving weekend. State-UNC also now a Thanksgiving weekend game.

Something to play for- we'll hopefully be fighting for a 6th win and bowl eligibility and dook will be looking to extend their winning streak against us.

Guarantees I'll get to watch the Deacs play if I go home for Thanksgiving.

Will they also announce which game is Homecoming, Parents Weekend, etc.?

Guarantees I'll get to watch the Deacs play if I go home for Thanksgiving.

Yeah same, pops is a (or perhaps the?) big Duke football supporter so that should be fun.

Also FWIW Georgia St. is an FBS school now. State has scheduled two FCS teams in the past, but it's relatively rare. And there are so many teams moving up to FBS that you might as well play a lesser FBS light vs. an FCS school.

Will they also announce which game is Homecoming, Parents Weekend, etc.?

Probably not, but homecoming should be pretty easy to narrow down

Back