• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ACC Sports Journal: Ron Wellman’s Risky Call

"[Redacted] also turned people off with his stone-faced personality and his inability to engage with students and fans."

If they would come out and at least hint at what they are trying to accomplish, it would go a long way. You'd be surprised at what people would fall for. People will pay financial advisors big loot because the story pitched "sounds" good. They will stand by and lose 40-50% because of the salesmanship.
Wellman and buzzdick just lose 50% each year with no story or promise of an end goal.

Last edited:
"[Redacted]’s performance in season three exceeded what Wellman expected."

Holy fuck!!!!!

I need a fucking job under Wellman. It would be like working for the government. No recourse for sucking at what you do.

The expectations were explicitly stated by the AD himself: NIT in year 3, NCAA in year 4, compete for a Final Four in year 5. Him saying otherwise is lying...which is typical of Ron these days.

Great article. Really sums up everything quite well. Too bad Ron couldn't have worked out a deal with Larrangra. He's a heck of a coach. Coaching staff confident they are going to get big time recruit. Might go from Buzz out to Buzz in if they can land Black

What the hell good does it do to get top players if you have a coach that is going to sabotage their efforts???!!!

BuzzOUT! Till he's gone!!!!

If they would come out and at least hint at what they are trying to accomplish, it would go a long way.

This is what bothers me the more than anything - the dead silence and continuing support.
Feed me anything - give me any reason; I'm gullible. I'll buy into something.

I just read the whole thing and wow, just wow, I don't know what to say. The college team I have loved since a I was a kid, broken things over, been depressed over for days at a time, experienced unbelievable joy from at times (ACC titles in hoops 95, 96 and football 2006) and basically has been a huge part of my life for 40 years is being run by a delusional, moron apparently. I honestly don't know what to feel right now.....Facepalm

This article is rock bottom. Still speechless.

My blood's boiling right now.

I wish Dan would write this same article. It's about as good a summary of the current debaucle as any I've seen -- the writer absolutely nails it.

And it's so darned depressing I can hardly bear it.

So are acts of violence back on the table yet?

My serious advice to the mods is to formally incorporate. You might need to insulate yourself from liability...

"[Redacted]’s performance in season three exceeded what Wellman expected."
...I need a fucking job under Wellman. It would be like working for the government. No recourse for sucking at what you do.

The expectations were explicitly stated by the AD himself: NIT in year 3, NCAA in year 4, compete for a Final Four in year 5. Him saying otherwise is lying...which is typical of Ron these days.

Please tell me you can link to the source of those expectations.

I wonder if Don Flow might be getting the least bit uncomfortable having his name hitched with this disaster. After all, the man sells cars.

If the Stratton boys want a truly laser-like attack, I think this would be their next target. Get the car guy hot under the collar from some heat and things fall quickly.

Crown auto is just 30 miles down the road.

Just my 2 cents.

I wrote off Flow motors years ago. I plan to buy a new car in the next year or two and will not be shopping at any Flow dealership.

"Wellman has chosen to hang his reputation, the reputation of the program (and to some extent, the school) on a coach with little public personality who has never won anything."

That about sums it up. Thanks Ron.

And the Wake Forest Sports FB page had the cajones to post a WF Harlem Shake video with the caption: "Happy Thursday!" Why should I be happy? It's Thursday of the opening round of the tourney, and we're sitting at home...again. Go fuck yourselves, WF athletics department.

What's strange about it?

PackPride posters are saying they are going to buy their LS's from Flow to keep Bz here. That cuts into our ability to affect his market share. We're out numbered. Flow will make money by supporting Wellman.

I wrote off Flow motors years ago. I plan to buy a new car in the next year or two and will not be shopping at any Flow dealership.

My Honda Ridgeline came from Flow, but I promise I will not even come close to looking at another vehicle from Flow Honda!!!

What's the best way to get the freaking Flow sticker off without harming the paint?

Last edited:
My serious advice to the mods is to formally incorporate. You might need to insulate yourself from liability...

Please tell me you can link to the source of those expectations.

No link, just from the horses mouth.

As for the candidates, in fact, [Redacted] was one of five during the process. At least one other offer is believed to have been made, to Jim Larranaga of George Mason. (Though the word “offer” often means different things to the two sides involved – the coach and the school.) Larranaga had proved he could win at a small school, he had a strong academic reputation, and he had worked under Terry Holland, for whom Wellman has the highest respect. But the two could not agree on a deal.

Never ever heard that before. Fucking shit. I bet they went at it over the assistants partly if this is in fact true.

Yep- I had heard this too. So instead of having the ACC COY and Larkin as our point guard, we got Bzz!

Back