• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Alfred E Newman justt won American Idol

This whole season was bullshit. The final 3 should have been Pia, James and Casey with James winning in my opinion.

I'm okay with having Scotty win, although I didn't think he was the best. It's cool to have people from North Carolina represent.

BTW...last night's episode was the lowest rated in American Idol Final history...I would expect the same from tonight.

Why is everyone hatin'? I thought Scotty was good from beginning to end. Maybe not the best, but he's made for country music, and he's gonna be very popular. I thought he was a good winner for the show, considering some of the MISSES american idol has had in the past (I'm looking at you, Taylor "I ruined the halftime of the Orange Bowl" Hicks).

Scotty's a good kid, he's talented, and I'm glad he won. He played AI like a drum this year and he deserved to win. He didn't let anyone convince him to get out of his comfort zone, he made good song choices and he just kept doing what got him there.

One could say that "true artists" should stretch themselves, etc., but it's a reality show based on votes. Dance with the ones that brung ya'.

If Scotty is going to record throwback country albums, why should he risk bombing with a disco song? Who really cares if he can cover a Paula Abdul song? Scotty didn't need any gimmick once people heard his voice, so good for him.

If Scotty is going to record throwback country albums, why should he risk bombing with a disco song? Who really cares if he can cover a Paula Abdul song? Scotty didn't need any gimmick once people heard his voice, so good for him.

I agree, but it seems like every year some "front-runner" or "oughta-win" makes a really poor song choice or two when trying to show their range, and it's a complete fail. Scotty never did that.

I commented last night that the "frontrunner" has lost in the finale the last few years.

Lee Dewise over Krystal whateverhernamewas
Kris Allen over adam lambert
david cook over david archuletta

but scotty avoided the upset

BTW...last night's episode was the lowest rated in American Idol Final history...I would expect the same from tonight.

WRONG

Fox dominated the final night of the 2010-11 broadcast season with the two hour seaon finale of American Idol which scored a 9.2 adults 18-49 rating and 29.3 million viewers. Note: The numbers for Fox are now time zone adjusted and are far less likely to be adjusted in the final ratings due later today. That was up 12% for adults 18-49 and 21% for viewership compared to last year’s finale 8.2 adults 18-49 rating and 24.223 million average viewers. It was also the first time in five years that American Idol finale ratings topped the previous season’s.

think he was talking about the tuesday's show, not wednesday's reveal show

Krystal Bowersocks was the best Idol ever! You're a hater if you didn't love her music.

Why is everyone hatin'? I thought Scotty was good from beginning to end. Maybe not the best, but he's made for country music, and he's gonna be very popular. I thought he was a good winner for the show, considering some of the MISSES american idol has had in the past (I'm looking at you, Taylor "I ruined the halftime of the Orange Bowl" Hicks).

I actually like Scotty, but just didn't think he was the best. I think James and Casey suffered from what Crystal suffered from last year in that they were just too weird and not mainstream enough to win. Not that Scotty was totally mainstream but his sound was familiar and he was more wholesome than the other two.

scotty should make a pretty good living off his country thang

I don't watch this abomination of television, but I have seen enough of Scotty living in Raleigh to tell you that he is far from talented. Unless of course your definition of talented is "able to ape one octave of some pop country hits."

WRONG

Fox dominated the final night of the 2010-11 broadcast season with the two hour seaon finale of American Idol which scored a 9.2 adults 18-49 rating and 29.3 million viewers. Note: The numbers for Fox are now time zone adjusted and are far less likely to be adjusted in the final ratings due later today. That was up 12% for adults 18-49 and 21% for viewership compared to last year’s finale 8.2 adults 18-49 rating and 24.223 million average viewers. It was also the first time in five years that American Idol finale ratings topped the previous season’s.

How does posting ratings for Thursday prove anything I said about Wednesday WRONG?

Things I learned watching the American Idol finale:

JLo has a big butt
Judas Priest is still living???
James Durban is the gay postman from The Village People
Rev. Kirk Franklin is shorter than Ryan Seacrest
Hailey is a ho
I have a man crush on Tim McGraw
Carrie Underwood is anorexic
Beyonce is whiter than Michael Jackson
Tom Jones recorded "Kiss"???
Scotty has a damn hot teacher
Lee DeWize is irrelevant, but he has a damn hot date tonight
Jack Black's shining moment was when Scotty refused to hug him (am I the only person who caught that?)
Lauren has lost 15 lbs. in the past week
Lauren is a more gracious loser than Hailey
Saw them a few years ago, and Halford a few years before that, in support of their Nostradamus album. Halford has still got it, but the Nostradamus album was a joke.

I think they're going to release one more album and hang it up. KK Downing just left the band.

I like Scotty, but he never did anything that gave you goosebumps or made you drop your jaw in amazement. Nor did he ever have a "moment" on the show. But he knew what worked and he did it week after week--and it never failed. He also had a lot of confidence and is already a good performer/entertainer. It also helped that the three judges probably said a grand total of 3, maybe 4 critical things to anyone in the top 13 (and they were all to Haley.)

I do wonder how this would've played out had Simon Cowell still been a judge. He said many times throughout his tenure that he respects country music but just doesn't "get it." Of course Carrie is the exception, but she's on a different level. I doubt Simon would be giving standing ovations for I LOVE YOU THIS BIG. But, none of it matters. At least he's from NC.

Back