• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Are Clawson and Ed Hardin right? Wake Football needs ASU series?

Fuck App. Days of its a Huge rivalry game. So fucking annoying. They want to be our our rivals. If it wasn't for this stupid home and home we could play Saturday and forget App for ten years. Never .....going....to be....our.....rival.

This board somewhat proves Ed's and Dave's point. How many threads on App St/Boone do we have two days before the game?

This board somewhat proves Ed's and Dave's point. How many threads on App St/Boone do we have two days before the game?

We need to start a look-a-likes thread.

Somebody find a guy on their roster who looks like this:

latest

Fuck App. Days of its a Huge rivalry game. So fucking annoying. They want to be our our rivals. If it wasn't for this stupid home and home we could play Saturday and forget App for ten years. Never .....going....to be....our.....rival.

LOL. If true, you should be thankful that someone wants to be WF's rival. Off hand, I can't think of a single school that considers WF to be its "rival" school.

WF is an afterthought on every ACC school's schedule. If it wasn't a charter member it would have been kicked out of the ACC a long time ago.

Last edited:
Anyone who trashes App State academics should just go read the Tunnels. Or this thread for that matter. It's not like Wake is churning out intellectual titans left and right.

No, but my frat house full of drunks turned out a bunch of successful doctors, lawyers, senators, cpa's, developers, etc. It's amazing really. The vast majority of WFU grads are much more successful in life than those from ASU. Not all, but most.

LOL. If true, you should be thankful that someone wants to be WF's rival. Off hand, I can't think of a single school that considers WF to be its "rival" school.

WF is an afterthought on every ACC school's schedule. If it wasn't a charter member it would have been kicked out of the ACC a long time ago.

If what you say is true, why would UNC agree to schedule non-conference games with us. And Duke doesn't remember WF beating them 12 straight years from 2000-2011?

No, but my frat house full of drunks turned out a bunch of successful doctors, lawyers, senators, cpa's, developers, etc. It's amazing really. The vast majority of WFU grads are much more successful in life than those from ASU. Not all, but most.

drunks? no way!

If what you say is true, why would UNC agree to schedule non-conference games with us. And Duke doesn't remember WF beating them 12 straight years from 2000-2011?

There is no if about it. Do you really think that Carolina considers WF to be its rival above Duke & NC State? They would schedule WF as a non-conf game because it would be more appealing than playing Presbyterian or Utah State. Same thing for Duke. Carolina & NC State are their two biggest rivals. As far as past records go, Duke once had a run of 26 winning seasons out of 27. During the 17-year period ending in 1969, Duke's record against WF was 16-1, and during the 20-year period ending in 1947, Duke's record against WF was 18-1-1. That's a total of 34 wins for Duke, 2 wins for WF and one tie. Doesn't make for much of a rivalry.

Look you morons, in summary Wake has no rivals. Kind of like my penis size, it has no rival, it's the smallest ever recorded.

What's funny is this is what UNC, Duke and State say about Wake.....

I'm just surprised nobody wants App vs Wake to turn into a rivalry game. The teams at 75 miles apart. Wake will never be true rivals with State, Duke or UNC. But App fans get up for this game and most of the Wake fans just turn their heads in disgust. I wouldn't be opposed to seeing this become a hyped up rivalry game over the next decade.

All of the Big 4 teams are rivals. They have been playing each other since the 1800s.

Wake will always have bigger rivalries with Duke and State in football than Happy Appy. They are conference games.

And Duke and State do not like losing to Wake. Don't kid yourself.

Last edited:
Yeah, we kicked UNC-CH's ass in the first collegiate football game in North Cackalacky history !

6-4 over those cheating bitches !

TIL Lake Forest also played in the first collegiate game (for Wisconsin), and also won 6-4.

We don't want to consider App St rivals because we think our rivals should be power five schools. That is also my opinion. That said, I am looking forward to this game and although I don't want it as a regular thing, it is a fun game and frankly, although many don't want to admit it, it is a new thus fun experience to be a game that someone else gears up for. P.S. Enough with the bullshit "we churn out doctors and lawyers" posts. This is a sports board. Go post that stuff on rate my professors or something.

There is no if about it. Do you really think that Carolina considers WF to be its rival above Duke & NC State? They would schedule WF as a non-conf game because it would be more appealing than playing Presbyterian or Utah State. Same thing for Duke. Carolina & NC State are their two biggest rivals. As far as past records go, Duke once had a run of 26 winning seasons out of 27. During the 17-year period ending in 1969, Duke's record against WF was 16-1, and during the 20-year period ending in 1947, Duke's record against WF was 18-1-1. That's a total of 34 wins for Duke, 2 wins for WF and one tie. Doesn't make for much of a rivalry.

To the first question, that wasn't the question you asked, you asked if "someone" wanted to be our rival, not a rival above State or Duke, so thanks for admitting we've got a rival, which nullifies the following statement. Then, once again, you go on to discuss how WF's rivalry is the weakest in relation to the other Tobacco Road schools.

Regarding our head-to-head with Duke, nothing says the current state of Duke football is strong like pointing to that string of domination over WF that began before the Great Depression and ended in the early years of the Vietnam War. The reason I mentioned WF's streak is because it's recent. Cutcliffe inherited it, became a part of it, and Duke fans experienced it recently. I mean, what the hell?

ETA: if your point was one rival school or primary rival school, who cares? Ohio State's primary rival is Michigan, so that somehow makes Michigan State irrelevant? A lot a of schools have multiple rivalries, like SoCal. ND & UCLA think SoCal is their main rival. One is obviously wrong using your logic, but who cares?

Last edited:
Wake and State is the longest continuous rivalry in the ACC and the 4th in all of college football.

Back