• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ari Stewart ineligible to play for USC

Wake Forest was prominently mentioned during the show, which placed the school in a negative light.

The incidents in #3 happened during Bz' watch.

Wake Forest was prominently mentioned because of the university's actions, not Clark's.

Wake Forest was prominently mentioned during the show, which placed the school in a negative light.

Stop saying Gary was "arrested". A stupid lied to the cops and a TV show. There were no charges and no law suit.

Knight "threw" the chair. Actually, if you saw it, he didn't "throw" the chair as much as he "slid" it across the court. And, if you will remember, it was just before a technical free throw, so the court was basically empty. The chair didn't come anywhere close to hitting anyone. And it was very early in the game. Knight's team was playing poorly (against arch-rival Purdue) and his motivation was to wake up and shock his own players, more than to show displeasure with the officials. However, considering that it only happened once....more than 28 years ago....and is still the first thing that many people think of when Knight's name is mentioned is a testament to the power of the media. People who don't know anything about Knight's graduation rate, his completely clean program record or his generosity to academics like his gifts to the Indiana & Texas Tech libraries know that he is the guy who "threw" a chair.....or, more accurately say he is the guy who threw chairs, as if it were a regular occurance.

1) you sound like a 10 year old...making excuses for negative behavior. A grown man, in charge of a group of young men, and with other young men, women, and children watching threw (you say slid, which makes me laugh) a chair across the court during a basketball game...and that's okay because no one was on the court and his intentions were pure. Are you serious? Re-read your post. Did you really just excuse a grown-ass man throwing a chair? He should have been fired for that. No excuses.

2) Thanks for proving my point. Bob Knight's chair throw was far more disastrous and notorious than the Today Show piece on the sexual assault that never happened in a hotel room occupied by drunk college kids in Miami. Find me 50 random non-Wake people who know about the BJ, and you win. I know I can find 50 random folks who associate Bob Knight with a chair throw (or abusing his players).

How many of bkf's posts did he delete last night?

What a bizarre old man. I don't think he made a single valid point last night, and worse, everything he did say was proven to be false. Good times.

Knight didn't "choke" Reed. That was a gross exaggeration. He had one hand on the area close to Reed's neck for less than two seconds....as Reed was backing up. They had to slow the video down so much to make it look longer that the whole picture was blurry. You cannot choke a person with one hand in less than two seconds while he is backing up. Just another hatchet job on Knight by a media looking for a story that was sure to sell.

A piece on Bob knight:
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1067309/

"Knight has long displayed an in-sensitivity toward women, particularly those who invade his sacred basketball realm. He has ridiculed women reporters and has drawn obscene pictures when he knew they were watching. He once put a tampon in the locker of then-Hoosier forward Landon Turner as a means of letting the player know that Knight thought he was a wimp. In his book, Feinstein also reported that Knight's own son Pat has said, "I think if I had come out a girl he would have shoved me back inside..."

"Knight is intelligent and devoted to his craft. By all accounts, his program sticks to the rules, and he insists that his players also be students. But he has also frequently lost control of himself: Knight assaults a policeman and doesn't show for the trial; Knight stuffs a fan into a trash barrel; Knight throws a chair; Knight kicks a cheerleader's megaphone; Knight pulls his team off the court. And his idolaters say, hey, that's just Bobby. His own players have to make excuses for their coach. How revealing that a man who demands discipline above all else from others shows so little in his own life."

Last edited:
Honest question: Why do people still argue with bkf? He's repeatedly shown that he is only here for the attention that he can get by being intentionally inflammatory. He has no interest in actually engaging in honest dialogue or learning any facts about events on which he claims to be an expert. Ignore him and he'll pout for a while and then go away.

Just a few days ago Ari posted this pic on Twitter. Sorry, but the pic is sideways and I don't know how to straighten.

BSFYb-JIcAA8LKB.jpg:large

Ah, the good old days. Ari and the 3 T's.

Can we all agree that we need to get BKF a race worn Gary Clark suit?

Sorry, but this really is not a tough break for Ari. He made the bed. He is not the victim. A tough break is what happened to Daniel Green.

The incidents in #3 happened during Bz' watch.

Wake Forest was prominently mentioned because of the university's actions, not Clark's.

I think this, and KVegas' post about bob knight, are the definitive posts in the thread. In PH's post, BKF excuses points one and two and doesn't know the facts with three. Shows that he has an agenda with Dino (who should be gone, Btw). BKF, if you're still reading, do you hold Wellman accountable for anything? Should he be gone, based on the facts presented?

After reading this entire thread, I agree with almost everything KV is saying. But can't all of these things be true:

1) We have had dicipline problems before Dino that were downplayed by athletic directors -- especially Ron Wellman
2) Dino's group had more dicipline issues than most, including several repeat offenders
3) Wellman wanted Dino gone so he did not downplay or cover up. In fact, he did the opposite.

If we can agree on these three points, then you can make the argument that despite the questionable way Wellman went about doing it, Dino still should have been dismissed. The defense of "everyone else did it" is not really a good one -- especially if his players' discipline issues were more systemic.

I have known Ben Sr since he was an attorney in Murfreesboro NC years ago. Fine fellow. Liked his wife Valerie very much. But he is not the best source you could get on this matter, and definitely not one without bias.

He wasn't an attorney. He was the business manager of Chowan College (now University.) Appreciate the info, but had to correct you here.

The other board has a hilarious discussion on how this should shut up Bzdelick/Wellman critics. Well worth a read.

You don't know jack-shit about Bob Knight other than what the media spoon feeds you.

You don't know jack-shit about Wake Forest other than what the media spoon/Wellman PR machine feeds you. Get the fuck out of here with that bullshit.

Back