• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Athletic department direction

I don't remember Wake ever having a good offense, especially for Skinner's last two seasons. What made up for it was an NFL defensive life and secondary. When we lost those in the 2009 season, Wake struggled and fell below .500 despite offensive output increasing.

I would argue Wake may have been better in 2007 and 2008 without Lobo screwing things up. I remember how frustrating that 2008 team was to watch. The defense could score 14-21 points in games on their own, and we'd still lose by a field goal (IIRC, the BC game was one where the defense scored 21 points and Wake lost 24-21 or something like that).

Greer never made the NCAA tourney in 10+ years before Moranda got here.

Within a few years of Moranda leaving, we were back to 4-20 in the ACC during Greer's final year.

Last edited:
hahahaha

Just saw this tag: dv7 = #1 drama queen,

Very funny.

Honestly, this is pretty true. You tend to look at every situation in a very extreme sense "Buzz is the WORST coach of all time" "Wellman is a DESPOT" "Wake is DONE.. the athletic department is running everything into the ground" "We're SCREWED in this Today Show thing, its going t RUIN Wake's reputation, I am not proud to have gone there."

Probably not word for word what you said, but I honestly can't remember too many instances where you fell somewhere in the middle of a range of opinions on something. You don't have to have the most extreme (usually negative) opinion or be the most outspoken on everything. Not every situation is black and white and it'd be refreshing if you didn't paint everything in such extremes all the time.

Honestly, this is pretty true. You tend to look at every situation in a very extreme sense "Buzz is the WORST coach of all time" "Wellman is a DESPOT" "Wake is DONE.. the athletic department is running everything into the ground" "We're SCREWED in this Today Show thing, its going t RUIN Wake's reputation, I am not proud to have gone there."

Probably not word for word what you said, but I honestly can't remember too many instances where you fell somewhere in the middle of a range of opinions on something. You don't have to have the most extreme (usually negative) opinion or be the most outspoken on everything. Not every situation is black and white and it'd be refreshing if you didn't paint everything in such extremes all the time.

I generally like dv7, but absolutely +1 on this.

Despot?

despot000.jpg

Back