• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BACKFIRED!

Deaconman

Reaction score
The ad campaign guaranteed Buzz will remain the coach next season.The administration cannot allow the perception
to be established that the fans determine the hiring or firing of a coach.

Last edited:
The ad campaign guaranteed Buzz will remain the coach next season.The administration cannot allow the perception

Then, by the same token, wouldn't it be silly to let keeping him be decided by the ad?

original.gif

Just wait till they see what they will say about us nationally if we keep Buzz. Talk about walking around with egg on your face for the next twelve months!

That kind of attitude works great!!!

Sincerely,

216284.jpg

Stop acting like the ad makes any difference. It doesn't.

Exactly. Geez.... Not even a modicum of difference. Well, other than to let them know there are some people who would like a new coach. Wait, they already knew that....

Bullshit! The ad was good if it only helped serve up more awareness of the pathetic state of our once proud b'ball program. The final salvo will likely include a very obvious shot at Wellman and folks will see there is more to this than just wins & losses. It's about perception, force-fed BS and arrogance.

We're on to you Ronnie, we're not dumb.

I'm sure you knew this all along, which is why you posted that the ad campaign was a bad idea to begin with.

OH WAIT. YOU DIDN'T.

You don't know shit. Go crawl in a hole and backfill it.

Other good points on this thread aside, why can't they allow the perception that the fans determine the hiring or firing of a coach?

Bullshit! The ad was good if it only helped serve up more awareness of the pathetic state of our once proud b'ball program. The final salvo will likely include a very obvious shot at Wellman and folks will see there is more to this than just wins & losses. It's about perception, force-fed BS and arrogance.

We're on to you Ronnie, we're not dumb.

Just my point...you have no understanding of human nature. Have you ever heard of a pyrrhic victory?

I'm sure you knew this all along, which is why you posted that the ad campaign was a bad idea to begin with.

OH WAIT. YOU DIDN'T.

You don't know shit. Go crawl in a hole and backfill it.

How can I backfill it if I'm in the hole?

This is silly. By any standard the won-lost record is more than enough to fire Buzz. By any standard the Wake fans have been patient to a fault.

So, if WF waits through another awful year of basketball, which will only lead to amplified fan complaints about Bzz, WF again be unable to fire Bz as that would also lead to the perception that unhappy fans caused the firing of the coach?

So, the worse that the program gets and as the fans get increasingly disatisified, Bz's job security grows? Please tell me that is not the assumption upon which this thread is based.

Bz was going to be back anyway. At least the ads brought a national spotlight on his ineptitude.

When we suck next year, the college basketball press will be all over him

I think Bzz got next year because of the Miami win. The cry for Bzz to go just isn't load enough now. We'll have to wait.

I think Bzz got next year because of the Miami win. The cry for Bzz to go just isn't load enough now. We'll have to wait.

The cry is plenty load [sic] enough. It's just that no one's listening.

Back