• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BACKFIRED!

clearly ronnie will argue that these ads are from the fringe and do not represent the fan base as a whole, therefore they are not caving to the fans. i just hope he is forced to cave to the BOT. we'll see.

So, if WF waits through another awful year of basketball, which will only lead to amplified fan complaints about Bzz, WF again be unable to fire Bz as that would also lead to the perception that unhappy fans caused the firing of the coach?

So, the worse that the program gets and as the fans get increasingly disatisified, Bz's job security grows? Please tell me that is not the assumption upon which this thread is based.

Perfect response to this inane logic.

The ad campaign guaranteed Buzz will remain the coach next season.The administration cannot allow the perception
to be established that the fans determine the hiring or firing of a coach.

tumblr_macoyfHnDT1rnbgkp.gif

Any attempt to increase awareness of the bullshit that's going on with our bball program isn't a failure. The irony is that Deaconman wants to talk about understanding human nature and how the ads have failed is proving exactly why they worked: he has created a thread to talk about it. This one of those rare true instances where any publicity is good publicity. Because it's getting people talking about just what the hell is going on in Winston-Salem. That's the idea. Getting those wheels squeaking. We can't control what the BOT and Wellman do. But we can let them- and the sports nation in general- know we, the fanbase and true supporters of Wake- are pissed about it.

So by all mean, Deaconman- create some more threads and tell us about how we've failed.

clearly ronnie will argue that these ads are from the fringe and do not represent the fan base as a whole, therefore they are not caving to the fans. i just hope he is forced to cave to the BOT. we'll see.

I don't believe that for a second. The fan base is motivated and angry. If Bzz is retained I imagine the negative press could get overwhelming for our poor LOWF Athletic Dept. A LOT of people asked to contribute to the ad, but there money wasn't needed. If he's retained I could easily see an even bigger and more unified response from a broader base of alums and students. Maybe it won't matter, but Wake's image is taking a huge hit nationally and the state of our athletic department is turning off a tremendous amount of young alums. If they choose to only listen to a few local fat-cats than this school deserves exactly what it gets! (joe clark, muthafucka)

Beating Miami isn't an acceptable end goal for Wake Forest basketball. Ever.

Beating Miami isn't an acceptable end goal for Wake Forest basketball. Ever.

YOU SHUT YOUR WHORE MOUTH YOU UN-CULTURED RUBE.

There's no telling what you do with your socks when no one's looking.

The ad campaign guaranteed Buzz will remain the coach next season.The administration cannot allow the perception
to be established that the fans determine the hiring or firing of a coach.

Just wait till they see what they will say about us nationally if we keep Buzz. Talk about walking around with egg on your face for the next twelve months!

The administration might think that things are currently as bad as they can get. But they would be wrong. I think the opportunity to vent in those newspaper ads has aWAKEned the sleeping tiger. It took three years, but the fanbase is finally "mad as hell and they're not going to take it anymore".

Here is what I would expect the next year to be like if Buzz is here next year. The FireBz website will grow in popularity. DC members will actively look for ways to use their "former" DC contributions to fund BuzzOUT initiatives. The negative newspaper ads and editorials will increase. More and more fans will use the games as an opportunity to vent at Buzz. (And next year you can also expect to see fans using the games as an opportunity to "preach" to Wellman AND Hatch.) Next year I expect RW and Buzz to be confronted in restauants and other public venues. There will be banners flying over football games and BuzzOUT billboards around Winston Salem. BOT members will be publicly outed and blamed.

Just imagine the media frenzy as Buzz's incompetence continues. (And if football continues it's failing ways, look out!) Hopefully calmer heads will prevail and this Bzasterous nightmare will soon be over. But if not...

Last edited:
RW and the BOT are going to do the right thing in a few days, which is to relieve Buzz of his head coaching duties, and it will be because he had 3 years to move the program forward, and that has not happened. Based on Buzz's own words at the beginning of the year, he was told he needed to win 20 and get into a post-season tournament now. And next year's incoming class is thin. Anyone remotely in tune with Wake hoops knows a large part of the fanbase wants Buzz to be fired, so that is no mystery.

I think they would have to be idiots to keep Buzz given where we are after 3 years, and they are not idiots. We will turn the page in a few days. Relax. Have a beer. Enjoy it.

RW and the BOT are going to do the right thing in a few days, which is to relieve Buzz of his head coaching duties, and it will be because he had 3 years to move the program forward, and that has not happened. Based on Buzz's own words at the beginning of the year, he was told he needed to win 20 and get into a post-season tournament now. And next year's incoming class is thin. Anyone remotely in tune with Wake hoops knows a large part of the fanbase wants Buzz to be fired, so that is no mystery.

I think they would have to be idiots to keep Buzz given where we are after 3 years, and they are not idiots. We will turn the page in a few days. Relax. Have a beer. Enjoy it.

The wisest statement I've read here.

I have no idea what is going to happen relative to Bz's employment at Wake. However I do know that notwithstanding its educational offerings, college basketball and college football are forms of popular entertainment .
It would be a very bad business decision for a movie theater manager to keep showing a movie that few people want to see and that a growing number refuse to tolerate. The entertainment value of WF basketball has declined substantially. The show needs to be changed. Even if the managers think that the movie is noble and good, entertainment is driven by the audience.

+100000000000000000

Boom Shaka laka laka boom Shaka laka laka! :thumbsup:

Give the new coach Shelton as a cornerstone of his first recruiting class and watch it flourish. Please let the rational heads prevail in Battle: Manchester Center.

20048442yu.gif

I'd like to think you're right and trust me- I hope you are. But it's just not happening. He'll be back. As for the "idiots" part, you are talking about the people who brought [Redacted] here in the first goddamned place. Track record so far isn't reassuring.

This is the logic that I have been coming around to over the past month. Do I believe Ron Wellman may be a bit arrogant at times? Yes. However, I also believe he didn't get to where he has in life off of blind arrogance, illogical rationale, and cronyism all the time (although there may be spots of it, as proof of the Bz hire). Just look at that FSU game gif of Wellman one more time. Does that look like a guy that's really thinking "Oh, heavens yes. I can't wait until next year." No, it looks like a guy that's getting ready to pull the plug on something. Now watch Bz's initial facial expressions during the post game interview yesterday. If that doesn't say "I'm fucked" then I don't know what does.

Back