• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Baltimore's deadliest month in 15 years: May counts 35 homicides, so far

Also, I lived in Otterbein in Baltimore one summer. Very cute area, and within walking distance of the harbor, Camden Yards, and plenty of bars. Everyone should live there.

[churchladydeac] How convenient. [\churchladydeac]

89754-SHEEIT-gif-Clay-Davis-The-Wire-R90q.gif

Police work, like most jobs requires a lot of judgement calls. In the current climate, police are going to err on the side of staying in their vehicle as opposed to erring on the much riskier side of intervening in an unknown situation. Maybe this makes everyone happy. Less hassling people for walking while black. Less chasing of suspicious looking individuals. Less hassling of civilians in general. That is not exactly the same as walking off the job on strike. So far this appears to be resulting in a higher crime rate. We will see if this changes in the long term.

Police work, like most jobs requires a lot of judgement calls. In the current climate, police are going to err on the side of staying in their vehicle as opposed to erring on the much riskier side of intervening in an unknown situation. Maybe this makes everyone happy. Less hassling people for walking while black. Less chasing of suspicious looking individuals. Less hassling of civilians in general. That is not exactly the same as walking off the job on strike. So far this appears to be resulting in a higher crime rate. We will see if this changes in the long term.

Link?

The OP says this is a coordinated work slowdown, not individual police erring on the side of staying in their vehicles.

One is coordinated. One is individual.

Not if they are coordinated individual decisions. I.e., use your judgment, but if you think it is risky, stay in your vehicle.

All this is more evidence that cops are only out to protect and serve themselves.

This is pure racist bullshit. What do you think would happen if there was no police force at all in the city of Baltimore (or any other major urban area in the country)?

Why just the urban areas, bkf?

I'm sure because we've been educated by the board libs that the true cause of crime is population density.

All this is more evidence that cops are only out to protect and serve themselves.

They should be willing to sacrifice themselves in order to prove ingrates like PH that they care more about others than themselves.

They should be willing to sacrifice themselves in order to prove ingrates like PH that they care more about others than themselves.

They're lauded for their sacrifice. Instead, you support them as they sacrifice others.

It's mindblowing what's happening here. People who directly relate an increase in murders to police not doing their job support the police with little sympathy for those murdered. I guess it's an extension of a familiar theme of supporting cops no matter what.

You don't see a correlation between overcharging 6 cops and a less vigorous enforcement of the law?

Why won't you answer my question, PH? Looks like I'm going to have to sic Skins on you. He's the guy in charge of getting people to answer questions.

It's a dumb question considering it's what the thread is about.

This seems like it needs its own thread

http://www.cnn.com/2015/05/26/us/baltimore-deadliest-month-violence-since-1999/

This is not good. The police department needs to make an example out of a few guys and hope this stuff ends right away. There was, what was reported to be a Baltimore Police Officer in disguise on Fox News last night admitting that this was a coordinated effort. I would do everything in my power to find out who that guy is and fire him. Loudly and publicly.

Back