• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Basketball Recruiting Megathread 1.0 has run its course

He got t'ed up again last night too. Evidently he told his teammate "good rebound" but he said it in a harsh tone and the ref thought he said something else. Looks like Devin has a bit of a reputation with the Central PA refs.

He got t'ed up again last night too. Evidently he told his teammate "good rebound" but he said it in a harsh tone and the ref thought he said something else. Looks like Devin has a bit of a reputation with the Central PA refs.

Good. This team will need some toughness next year, especially with Nikita graduating.

He got a T for bitching out his own teammate?

Was The Reff behind the whistle?

I have to admit in over 45 years of being around comeptitive basketball, I've never heard of a T being called for saying something to member of your own team.

He wasn't bitching out his teammate, he was congratulating him. He just has a bad reputation and the ref thought his tone was harsh. Pretty screwed up.

Also, he scored 34 of his team's 57 last night in another win. Stud.

I know Devin's like 240 or whatever, but most of that weight must be in his legs. He never has the "look" of a guy that's 240.

That means he's really strong. When someone weighs much more than it looks like they weigh, they are strong. Reminds me of a friend who's 6'4 260 but looks like he's 225

That means he's really strong. When someone weighs much more than it looks like they weigh, they are strong. Reminds me of a friend who's 6'4 260 but looks like he's 225

this is true... if he's got a strong base now, it should be really really easy to fill out his upper body with some s&c.

I hope he's 240 already. But for some reason I doubt he's actually that big at this point. I do hope he is that big when he arrives on campus.

Highlights: Kethan Savage led Episcopal with 23 points and Junior Brennan McCann added 18 points. Arnaud Moto scored 11 points and had-- rebounds and five assists.

3/7 shooting on FT's for Moto. Kethan Savage, GW commit, is the type of kid who will light up mid-major basketball and wasn't recruited by the BCS schools because of his size.

Rebound total is an error on their website.

Link

Last edited:
Maybe we should just look for the worst in all our recruits so we can fill our own phrophecies...... easy to do especially when internet warriors have never seen the kid play.

Dalrymple was a scorerat GT.

A few mothns ago I said a bigger LD, with a bit more scoring potential. Several so-called recruiting gurus have said Moto is a very, very good defender.

What? He had no jump shot. He never took a shot unless he was 12 feet or closer. He averaged 6 or 7 rebounds a game ... as a 2guard. I think he scored like 10 pts a game on mostly garbage points. Mark Price and John Salley were Tech's scorers ...

Moto is one of our highest rated recruits in the '12 class, but he and Washington seem to be the projects of the class.

If by project for Moto you mean ready to play immediate minutes, I completely agree.

3/7 shooting on FT's for Moto. Kethan Savage, GW commit, is the type of kid who will light up mid-major basketball and wasn't recruited by the BCS schools because of his size.

Rebound total is an error on their website.

Link

Savage is very smooth and does have decent size. He's around 6'3" 190 and seems pretty strong. Good scorer and draws a lot of contact. Does most of his damage at the free throw line. Reminds me of CJ Harris in some ways. Not sure why he wasnt recruited more heavily. Shot probably needs more work.

Moto is around 60% from the line for the season. He is probably not going to be a great FT shooter. But he can get better.

New ESPN 2012 rankings are out. Overall, seems like they are not impressing the judges.

Back