• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Basketball Recruiting Megathread 1.0 has run its course

Then why did Travis McKie, one of the few people you mentioned, need to be talked off the ledge to not transfer away from this dumpster fire of a program? Riddle me that. At one point Travis was thinking "[Redacted] goes or I go" -- he was talked down from the ledge, but that thought was in his head and it was made aware to those around the program. How in the bloody hell do you consider that him buying into what is going on with Wake Forest hoops?

The sad thing is that I am more likely to buy a ticket to see this debate than I am to buy a ticket to a Wake basketball game.

BuzzOUT! till he's gone...

You can really turn off other posters, what a great feature!

Basketball is different from a lot of other sports like soccer, football and baseball - a single player can make a huge difference because there are only 5 people on the court at a given time. Anyone who can draw a double team - be it a quick point guard or a big man with a post game, instantly makes everyone better and anyone who doesn't have the offensive skills to require at least constant attention is a detriment on offense. Watch how much better Chase and CJ are this year with a point guard who can shoot (defense can't slack off) and who can score off the dribble (may require help D). If we can get any kind of post presence, Chase and CJ will find themselves wide open a lot instead of the attention point of the defense with a guy 4 inches taller guarding them. You will all think Buzz's coaching IQ tripled, but he'll be the same guy, still driving a Prius and doing Yoga.

Wow, there 5 players on the court and I thought there were 10. You are not really the SID are you? By the way,CMM is not a good shooter from the 3-pt. line. So having a team with 2 quality ACC players and 9 players that are unproven freshmen and sophs makes you a candidate for last place.

Then why did Travis McKie, one of the few people you mentioned, need to be talked off the ledge to not transfer away from this dumpster fire of a program? Riddle me that. At one point Travis was thinking "[Redacted] goes or I go" -- he was talked down from the ledge, but that thought was in his head and it was made aware to those around the program. How in the bloody hell do you consider that him buying into what is going on with Wake Forest hoops?

You can really turn off other posters, what a great feature!

Basketball is different from a lot of other sports like soccer, football and baseball - a single player can make a huge difference because there are only 5 people on the court at a given time. Anyone who can draw a double team - be it a quick point guard or a big man with a post game, instantly makes everyone better and anyone who doesn't have the offensive skills to require at least constant attention is a detriment on offense. Watch how much better Chase and CJ are this year with a point guard who can shoot (defense can't slack off) and who can score off the dribble (may require help D). If we can get any kind of post presence, Chase and CJ will find themselves wide open a lot instead of the attention point of the defense with a guy 4 inches taller guarding them. You will all think Buzz's coaching IQ tripled, but he'll be the same guy, still driving a Prius and doing Yoga.

I bet a new coach would make a bigger difference.. increased fan support, increased ticket sales, increased concession sales, increased Deacon Club donations.

Basically fire the idiot now so we can get excited about Wake basketball again. Right now there is no reason to do so.

The few remaining Bz supporters want to say we will be a surprise team this season. They are often vague on the specifics. I would think 18-20 wins would be noteworthy

Last edited:
The few remaining Bz supporters want to say we will be a surprise team this season. They are often vague on the specifics. I would think 18-20 wins would be noteworthy

I agree about 18-20 wins, but as soon as the season starts people will realize that other teams are pretty crappy too and revise that number to 22-24.

I think we will win around 17-18 games this year.

ESPN will be updating their 2013 top 100 later this afternoon. Once that happens, I'm going to post an updated recruiting table.

dear lord, i was just going through the list and WFU is not on one these guys list(besides Mac)...:fuckyocouch:

What strikes me big time is how low these players are rated. Only the Top 20 are over 90. Everyone in the Top 100 in 2012 are over 90.

What does that mean?

I don't know, but SI wrote an article about Jabari Parker and how he was the best player to come out of high school since LBJ.

I highly doubt he is better than Anthony Davis.

I think we will win around 17-18 games this year.

I agree. I'm "down" on Bzd, but high on the incoming kids and tentatively hopeful for the year. I don't think you have to be Bzd In to be hopeful for the year. I think he either recruited or stumbled into some quality talent.

All eyes will be on Shaka Smart. He's got to work with a new AD, but VCU is upgrading conferences ... what does he want to do after this coming year?

If you can bring in a coach who might be here for 25 years (unless Stanford calls), then you coax your existing guy to take a bullet or be fired.

Stop assuming ESPN and Scout are up to date on offers and lists.

Once again, pretty sure we have offered Reed and he lists us.

Just b/c Wake isn't listed on the ESPN recruiting profiles of these kids does not mean we're not recruiting them. I know we've expressed interest in Sindarius Thornwell (#23), Xavier Rathan-Mayes (#20), and Tyler Ennis (#30) just to name a few. I don't know if we've offered any of them or not, but it probably doesn't matter b/c there is a very small chance we would get any one of those three. It seems like Thornwell has an offer from every top program in the country.. every time I look he has a new offer.. I think last week it was Ohio State.

Not surprising that McClinton dropped to 81.. also not surprising that Troy Williams dropped from top 10 to 42.. I saw him this past weekend at the Hoop Group Southern Jam Fest, and he is a great athlete and has potential but is really not that skilled yet.

Pretty much I think our best bets to land a top 100 recruit in the 2013 class are either with Reed or Kam Williams

Back