• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Basketball Recruiting Megathread 1.0 has run its course

1. He has a quick first step in that video. Love it.
2. His height is going to be a mis-match nightmare. He also looks to have some hops, which will be great once his build starts to fill out
3. Wing-span that I hadn't noticed before.

Tree remains the recruit I'm most excited to see in the Old Gold and Black.

I've heard a lot of Jamal Levy comparisons, but I don't remember Levy having that range, handle, or vision.

I, for one, think the Levy comparison is terrible. They are both tall and skinny, but I'm pretty sure that's about all the have in common. Rountree's passing ability is probably his best attribute.

How can it be terrible?

Both are tall, lanky black dudes. VIRTUALLY THE SAME PERSON!!111!

Tree remains the recruit I'm most excited to see in the Old Gold and Black.

I'm excited about all of our recruits at this point, but for different reasons:

CMM - recruitment seemed like it happened over night. I didn't hear much about this kid until his commitment. At this point, don't know enough to say what strengths/weaknesses he'll bring, just excited that such a quality recruit picked us

Rountree - excited for the versatility. Could definitely play the 2, 3, or 4. Lot of upside for this kid.

Cavanaugh and Thomas - excited for the different skill sets that each of these players bring to the same position. Can't wait to see how the coaching staff uses their different abilities (on the floor at the same time...?)

Moto - it's my understanding that this kid has a virtually limitless ceiling. This was a recruit that I didn't think we'd get (not for any reason in particular, I just hadn't heard enough to think him committing to us was a possibility), but now I can't wait for him to join the fold. Especially since Travis will be a junior, so Moto won't get thrown into the fire.

Washington - lot of upside here. Always optimistic, I think we're due for a C prospect to pan out and be a force in the second half of his career. Just like Moto playing behind Travis, hopefully Carson will continue to hone his game and Washington won't get thrown into the fire either.

His shot reminds me of JHo's. Such long wrists it kinda looks like they are throwing it off the back of their wrist.

In fact, those highlights in general remind me of JHo.

Would really suck if Thomas doesn't qualify. Maybe he gets one of those few exceptions allowed (qualify by NCAAs, but not Wake, but gets waver) and it's on Bzd. Who knows.

Heard D.Telep talk about Moto, he said he was a energy guy that attacks the rim. Also that Dave believes that playing hard is a skill and Moto has that quality and then some. Sounded pretty positive. He thinks Cavanaugh is a good get,4 year player, Workmanlike blue collar player. Brick O.was not as high on them as Dave.

Last edited:
Hargrave plays Oak Hill on 10/25. I heard that Hammons is up to 270 that much size will present a challenge to Andre.

Serious question: Who was the last basketball Deac to redshirt?

Serious question: Who was the last basketball Deac to redshirt?

I don't know if this question was asked in jest or not, but with a front court of Carson Desrosiers, Daniel Green, Andre Washington, Devin Thomas (hopefully), and Tyler Cavanaugh, I don't think any of them will red-shirt.

Carson and Andre are the only true C's. I expect Andre will get some minutes, especially in the second half of early season games. Even though our 3's and 4's will have great size, we won't have a traditional C in 2012-2013.

Wonder if Washington will redshirt...

Better chance that he starts than he redshirts.

Weaver was the last to redshirt due to talent. Cam's was due to his injury.

Last edited:
@Devin_Thomas20Devin Thomas

On my way down to wake forest.

His shot reminds me of JHo's. Such long wrists it kinda looks like they are throwing it off the back of their wrist.

In fact, those highlights in general remind me of JHo.

Would really suck if Thomas doesn't qualify. Maybe he gets one of those few exceptions allowed (qualify by NCAAs, but not Wake, but gets waver) and it's on Bzd. Who knows.

JHo is a much better comparison than Levy

Interesting that AJ Hammons committed to Purdue. Jankovic had a visit with them this weekend, and cancelled. interesting how his options are shrinking very quickly

Back