• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Basketball Recruiting Megathread 1.0 has run its course

Here's a quick update of the table. The Detrick kid's last name is spelled differently on all 3 sites. So obviously its early in his recruitment.

5me4no.jpg

Stormz, what do you know about Gill vs. Greene?

Does it look like Gill might grow a little?

I'd say we're in much better shape with Gill than Greene. Rivals update on Greene from last week:

"In a couple weeks I'm going to cut down my schools to a list of seven, eight or nine," Greene told Rivals.com. "I'm just looking at which schools are showing me the most interest and have my attention. Once I get this list set, then I will really look closely at the schools to see which are best for me."

So far this fall head coaches from Florida, Memphis, Tennessee, Georgia, Georgia Tech and Providence have been in to see Greene.

With a visit scheduled for Kansas on the opening of practice, Greene has already visited Florida, Florida State, Georgia Tech, Louisville, UCLA, Xavier, Duke, Alabama and most recently Connecticut and Harvard.

I've never seen Detrick play, but he's listed on Scout as a SG, so I'd say he's likely a combo guard. Of course they also list him as a 2* in the class of 2012. So who knows.

Flexibility is good for us right now.

Any more info you're willing to share about Gladden? Always a little worried when we offer a a low rated player, even though he must have made an impression this season given the Xavier and Tennessee offers.

Not real optimistic about Greene, but it seems the staff prefers Gill anyway.

I would be very enthusiastic about a class of Gill and McClinton. My recruiting worries would be completely wiped away.

None of the 3 sites have done all that much scouting for 2013 at this point. I wouldn't worry about the stars at all.

Here's a fairly recent update. Claims offers from Xavier, Tennessee, VCU, and Charlotte. So its not like we've offered a total nobody.

Agreed about Gill and McClinton though. It'd be awesome to get some early commits from them and put recruiting on the backburner until the 2014 class.

"It'd be awesome to get some early commits from them and put recruiting on the backburner until the 2014 class."

That would be nice. But it would make life pretty boring for the next 1-2 years for me. I guess I could set aside my self-centeredness for the sake of the program though.

TITS WF and I were so dead on about Meeks blowing up.

His parents do like Wake a lot, they respected JTT and what he said about the place (both from West Charlotte). He is the type of body we need inside.

So is there any hesitation at all on our part regarding the Thomas situation considering the possible scholly crunch?

So is there any hesitation at all on our part regarding the Thomas situation considering the possible scholly crunch?

If there was, would we bring him in for an official, the same weekend as 3 committed kids?*

*Serious question, not rhetorical. I just feel like if we didn't want him to commit, we'd find a way to cancel his visit.

As bad as we need a rebounder and junkyard dawg, I seriously doubt we are having second thoughts about him. He fits that need pretty well.

ETA: Unless there are things outside of basketball that we are assuring first.

Last edited:
If the reports are right and he's really 6'9, 232, with his motor, he'll be a force.

I wouldn't be shocked to see him at 245-250 by opening day.

I am hoping that Devin is up to 6.9+ and 245 by next season, maybe he could help us out at center. That would be great news.

As I understand it, Thomas' academics are in question (don't know if it's us or NCAA issues though).

Agreed. I actually think he is the most important piece in this class.

Hope this works out.

Back