• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Basketball Recruiting Megathread 1.0 has run its course

TheIshThatSaved WakeForest said:
False. All the 2012 guys are here for VT.

This weekend is Gill, Rountree and hopefully McClinton.

With all the alums in town, we should have a verbal by Monday.

Both their stud recruits are from the northeast iirc.

I really don't want to be negative here, but how many top 100 recruits have yet to commit? Strange to see a top 10 list without Kentucky, Louisville, Duke or Memphis.

About 30 uncommitted top 100. Wake will definitely move down, but they'll stay around 15 for Scout if I had to guess.

If we happen to get an early verbal from Gill (IF!), we may not have anything to talk about for a while. :D

I say get commits from Gill and McClinton this weekend and then just focus 100% on making our current team better for a year or so :thumbsup:

Assuming Devin commits, we will only have 1 scholarship for 2013, right? Seems risky to take on a player before we'll know if there will be an available scholarship.

But you can't a commitment when you don't have the space. I can't remember anyone ever doing that in basketball.

It's totally classless.

yeah i'm trying to decide if tits wf is being serious or not about taking two immediately. (Well done, tits.)

Don't disagree that it's likely that we eventually take more than one for 2013, though.

Bz has never had a problem running players off. We can have a commit without it being public. In the off chance that they both wanted to come here, you have to make sure they know that.

"There will be times in 12/13 when we go:

6'2 (6'3) Codi
6'9 Tree
Big 6'6 Travis/Moto (Moto just sounds cooler)
6'9 Devin
7'+ Andre/Carson "

You forgot Cavanaugh 6'8 but projected to grow a few more inches.

I'm pretty sure if Gary Harris opts for IU he will be the 6th man in their class and scholly #14 for the program. A coach has to create the best team possible as their job is evaluated every year, so if that means telling a kid that isn't going to play, just that, and suggest he explore other options I don't view that as a bad thing.

Didn't Calhoun just do this at UConn when he got Andre Drummond to reclassify to 2011? I mean it's not the best thing but you hear about it happening with some regularity.

Haven't UNC and Kentucky done similar things in the past couple of years as well? Or am I making that up?

Didn't Calhoun just do this at UConn when he got Andre Drummond to reclassify to 2011? I mean it's not the best thing but you hear about it happening with some regularity.

Haven't UNC and Kentucky done similar things in the past couple of years as well? Or am I making that up?

Yuck, I don't want to be like those schools. Can we be honest with them, i.e., this is why we're nearly certain we'll be able to offer you a spot?

Back