• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Basketball Recruiting Megathread 1.0 has run its course

There has been one constant in our ability to get on budding 4stars early: Battle. When he takes off, we are going to have a void.

Kudos to him for going out and kicking ass this year. If he leaves next year, I am sure a primary motivator will have been for him to go leaving the cupboard fully stocked.

We are definitely recruiting the Martin twins. He can confirm, but I believe they are pretty big Carolina fans. In that case I hope they are good, but not Carolina recruit good. Should have a solid chance if UNC is not involved heavily.

Saw them play earlier this year and they are definitely legit. Very smooth players, especially for their age and size. I hear they are great kids too.

Are the Martin twins wings? ESPN has one listed at SF and one listed at SG. I thought they were PFs for some reason.

The amazing part about the three rising sophomores is that their games are extremely similar, yet they all function on the court together. The trio of athletic small forwards, Lodge and the Martin twins are about each around 6-foot-6 with a nice frame. The trio can score in a variety of ways as they are very impressive shooters, especially from outside. Along with that, they drive to the rim with force, quickness and get to the cup with plenty of elusiveness, athleticism and power. Their length at an early age puts them at an advantage against their competition, as they constantly throw in powerful slam dunks. Their wingspan is close to seven-feet, too.

All three have similar weaknesses, as well. Their handle is not up to where they would like it to be and their footwork, speed and defensive abilities could be better. At the same time, they presently have the ability to dominate the on the floor as a cohesive unit.

The Martin twins, who attend Davie County in North Carolina, along with Lodge, who attends Miller School in Virginia, have very similar college looks, as well. Caleb and Cody already have an offer from Wake Forest. Along with the Demon Deacons, this 2014 trio has interest from, “North Carolina, NC State, Virginia, Virginia Tech, Tennessee, Xavier, Penn State, Purdue and Providence.” They have already visited Wake Forest and Appalachian State and plan to look at Tennessee and Clemson potentially in the fall.

http://www.therecruitscoop.com/2011/07

Evan Daniels just updated the 2012 class rankings:

Top 10:
1. Indiana
2. Arizona
3. UCLA
4. Providence
5. Baylor
6. Texas
7. Maryland
8. Wake Forest
9. UNC
10. NC State

Bear in mind Scout rankings are quantitative and not purely qualitative.

Obviously. I don't see how rankings couldn't be a combination of quantitative and qualitative. Even so we are still one of six teams in the nation with 3 Scout top 100 players as of now. No one has 4 yet either.

Rivals has Codi at 70 and Moto at 118 and no one else in their top 150. #footballsite

I'm very excited about this class.

Maybe I'm jaded from our recent experiences with 5* recruits, but I'll take a 3* or 4* with a good work ethic over a 5* prima donna any day of the week.

Great time for Gill to visit. Telep wrote this today on Gill:
Anton Gill primed for big junior season
By Dave Telep
Anton Gill’s (Raleigh, N.C./Ravenscroft) turned in a tremendous sophomore season. He then proceeded to get injured in the spring and never played to his full potential with the coaches watching in July. That’s about to change.

The 2013 guard looked outstanding in a Tuesday workout. He’s got his legs, jumper and game back to the form he attained last March. We tabbed him No. 48 in the ESPNU 60 and I’ve got a hunch he outperforms that ranking.

Gill’s father played at East Carolina and the Pirates have offered. Miami, Louisville, North Carolina, Xavier, Virginia Tech, Rutgers, Wake Forest and Florida State were on him early. Gill intends to be loyal to the programs that have stayed with him.

Love that last part, as I'm pretty sure Wake has been on him super early, and Bz can sell him on how much the team will need his skills after the 2012 influx of talent.

Back