• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Basketball Recruiting Megathread 1.0 has run its course

Birdf retired in 1992. By any measure that's the "modern age" of the NBA.

Part of being athletic is having some defensive ability. Dunleavy has never been able to cover anyone.

Dunleavy is not that athletic. He's not quick. He's not fast. He can't jump.

he's just a tall, smart player who can shoot over other players who play his position.

My alma mater plays in the IAC so I'll be able to check him out during a home weekend game for us. I'd also be interested in getting to the Dematha tournament. There should be a lot of talent there. Bullis tournament could be OK too.

My alma mater plays in the IAC so I'll be able to check him out during a home weekend game for us. I'd also be interested in getting to the Dematha tournament. There should be a lot of talent there. Bullis tournament could be OK too.

Where'd you go? I was St. Stephen's '05 and rode the bench for a couple years on varsity.

That team was stacked. We beat y'all in the final of the Sleepy Thompson only because our SG had the game of his life, something like 7-8 from 3's. No college bball players, but we did have this guy:

http://phillies.mlb.com/team/player.jsp?player_id=543754

I had the distinct privilege of having Roy swat the crap out of my shot one game...good times.

Sorry to derail from the thread y'all.

Battle and Corbean went to the Oak Hill - QEA game at the Joel tonight to check out RJ Curington.

I didn't go, but Oak Hill won in a huge blowout, as expected. QEA is awful right now, and Oak Hill is Oak Hill.

Curington doesn't figure get much time this year at Oak hill with Adams and DRS. It sems he may be a bit of a gamble.

How good is he and why is willing to sit?

TJ Warren to State.

HUGE get. NCSU thinking we have a great shot with another 5*/4* PF in Amile Jefferson visiting this weekend for the NCSU/UNC football game. Could be a monster class for NCSU.

Wake hires Jeff [Redacted] April 14th - Chase Fischer, Daniel Green and Anthony Fields

State hires Gottfried April 5th - Tyler Lewis, Rodney Purvis, TJ Warren and possibly Jefferson or White.

That extra week helps. :p

Also, what does Gottfried's incoming freshman class this season look like? I think having to recruit w/ our 5 man class just coming in made things a bit tougher on Bzz as well.

Also, wtf I just read this on some site detailing his hire, anyone heard it before:

"There have been rumblings about questionable recruiting practices under Gottfried. The most notable was when he contacted Wake Forest commitment Tony Woods to attempt to get him at Alabama the day after Demon Deacon coach Skip Prosser died unexpectedly of a heart attack. "

I think it was Seth Greenberg that blew the whistle on that one, cookout.

Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Back