• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Basketball Recruiting Megathread 1.0 has run its course

AAU where there's no D, you are absolutely correct.

In the college game, he might, but he'll have to get a lot tougher. He won't get a lot of those calls in the game.

He's a very good play but has defined limitations.

Yeah, rj he just wins at every level. ACC Sports Journal has him #33 and Codi @47. Those are their highest rankings that I am aware of to date. Tyler had 19 and 14 assists their last game. Coach Smith has rated Tyler the first or second best plater in each Oak Hill game. He knows a little about D but Coach Bz made a super call-not. We could of had Tyler and Codi.

Have you ever seen Tyler Lewis play outside of highlight videos, rj?
Have you ever seen him play in person?

Players who are poor defensively are typically over-ranked by HS gurus, anecdotally speaking.

Yeah, rj he just wins at every level. ACC Sports Journal has him #33 and Codi @47. Those are their highest rankings that I am aware of to date. Tyler had 19 and 14 assists their last game. Coach Smith has rated Tyler the first or second best plater in each Oak Hill game. He knows a little about D but Coach Bz made a super call-not. We could of had Tyler and Codi.

QEA stinks this year. Coach Smith may know a little about D, but that doesn't mean Tyler can play it.

Also it's about driving into the middle against AAC front courts.

As I said, I think Tyler would have very good numbers versus the second teams. He's going to have problems due to his size in the ACC.

If Gottfried plays a streetball type of game, Tyler's numbers wil lbe very good.

Great stuff, also DT says word is A.Len will have to sit out 10 games at Maryland.

I don't understand this. He is either eligible and gets to play from day one, or he is ineligible and doesn't get to play at all. How can you be partially ineligible?

I don't understand this. He is either eligible and gets to play from day one, or he is ineligible and doesn't get to play at all. How can you be partially ineligible?

Thanks for the smile.

You mean you actually think the NCAA has consistent rules and enforces them uniformly?

Thanks for the smile.

You mean you actually think the NCAA has consistent rules and enforces them uniformly?

Of course not, this is just a particularly blatant example of their nonsense.

Yeah, if Tyler was bigger he would be a burger boy but he isn't every player has weaknesses or things they must overcome. You have to understand the trade offs if you are head coach. Bz defenders like to use Tyler as a punching bag. I think instead he should have listened to Rusty and Craig but you guys know better. Time will tell and I have a long memory.

Deaclite's head is so firmly planted up Tyler Lewis' ass that he could probably tell you what flavor of Flintstone vitamin his boy Tyler took before school this morning.

Bigger and quicker....but he will do well....

Codi seems to be a combo PG like Chill. A player like that needs to have the ball most of the time.

I don't see how Codi and Tyler could have worked as well together as some think.

It's always good to hear from Colonel Klink. The DeaconSports guys are so lonely that they have to come over here to cause trouble. RJ and I may disagree, but it is nothing personal.

Saying Tyler Lewis isn't a good fit on our team is not "using him as a punching bag."

I find it ironic that a fanbase that trashed the Teague/Ish combo playing together is now wishing for a Codi/Tyler combo.

Plus we have a system that doesn't stress a prototypical point guard position anyway, from what I gather.

Have you ever seen Tyler Lewis play outside of highlight videos, rj?
Have you ever seen him play in person?

I've seen him play quite a bit, since he was in 8th grade and getting minutes with the Varsity team at FCDS.

I think people should take his rating with a predictive grain of salt, and by that I mean, I think a lot of recruiting gurus truly believe that he'll continue to grow into his body and maybe gain an inch or two.

He was probably 5'0, 100 pounds soaking wet when he started playing with "the big boys" and his version of defense was literally to grab on to whoever he was guarding until he was shaken off or whistled for a foul. His talent was undeniable, even that early, but his defense has always been questionable as he is just too small, too weak, etc.

I'll believe it when I see it with Tyler. I agree, to an extent, with RJ that he's the second coming of the Professor. If he doesn't grow and if he fails to put even a decent effort in the weight room (which won't be the case, this kid works hard), then he's going to be a monumental bust.

I believe that he'll be fine in the ACC if he continues to get stronger and adapts to playing against tougher defenders. To what extent, however, remains to be seen, and like I've said many times before, I still think he's overrated; I still think CMM is better suited both for Wake and for the ACC; and, I have to believe, at least in some capacity, Bzz and Battle (and, to an extent Dino) both agree because the chance was there at one point and they seemingly passed it up...

I've seen him play quite a bit, since he was in 8th grade and getting minutes with the Varsity team at FCDS.

I think people should take his rating with a predictive grain of salt, and by that I mean, I think a lot of recruiting gurus truly believe that he'll continue to grow into his body and maybe gain an inch or two.

He was probably 5'0, 100 pounds soaking wet when he started playing with "the big boys" and his version of defense was literally to grab on to whoever he was guarding until he was shaken off or whistled for a foul. His talent was undeniable, even that early, but his defense has always been questionable as he is just too small, too weak, etc.

I'll believe it when I see it with Tyler. I agree, to an extent, with RJ that he's the second coming of the Professor. If he doesn't grow and if he fails to put even a decent effort in the weight room (which won't be the case, this kid works hard), then he's going to be a monumental bust.

I believe that he'll be fine in the ACC if he continues to get stronger and adapts to playing against tougher defenders. To what extent, however, remains to be seen, and like I've said many times before, I still think he's overrated; I still think CMM is better suited both for Wake and for the ACC; and, I have to believe, at least in some capacity, Bzz and Battle (and, to an extent Dino) both agree because the chance was there at one point and they seemingly passed it up...

Can he be Steve Blake?

How is CMM going to be on defense? I know he had good length and is fairly strong already, but is he aggresive defensively?

Steve Blake is a terrible NBA defender but he somehow wasn't bad in college. He was an honorable mention on an ACC All-defensive team and was tall for a PG.

I have nothing against Lewis, I think he is going to be a great assist man in college. I don't buy the fact that he is a significant reason for blue chippers going to State though. Purvis and Warren are Raleigh kids, and I know they like Tyler but it didn't hurt that he went to their backyard school.

I also wouldn't like Tyler and Codi together. I don't think Bz likes those kinds of PGs regardless and I think Codi can and will play as a scoring point for us... optimistically along the lines of a Scottie Reynolds.

Last edited:
Dino gave Tyler a committable offer good anytime he wished to make it. Bz couldn't decide what he wanted to do. That is ancient history at the moment. My first problem with Bz was not taking an avalable point guard like S. Larkin or making a timely decision on B.Sullivan. But what will get Bz fired is letting Carson be the center for 3 years. That will keep us from getting out of the bottom 3or4 of the league. Yes, DC I do study our players and Acc opponents and I been doing it for decades. Maybe Ron will put me on staff.

We offered Larkin didn't we? He chose DePaul...then transferrred.

Back