• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Basketball Recruiting Megathread 1.0 has run its course

Dino gave Tyler a committable offer good anytime he wished to make it. Bz couldn't decide what he wanted to do. That is ancient history at the moment. My first problem with Bz was not taking an avalable point guard like S. Larkin or making a timely decision on B.Sullivan. But what will get Bz fired is letting Carson be the center for 3 years. That will keep us from getting out of the bottom 3or4 of the league. Yes, DC I do study our players and Acc opponents and I been doing it for decades. Maybe Ron will put me on staff.

Do you not think Carson can reach Chas level? He was a 3 year starter at C on top tier ACC teams.

He wanted to come here but Bz got cold feet on a 2011 pg until TC got hurt. He is now at Miami and Coach Lar. says he's big time. B. Sullivan wanted to come here but Bz let him slip away to Clemson, a top 100 pf. I'm glad we didn't need one of those.

Can we get back to recruiting news? deaclite's constant lamenting what we could have had when we have a fantastic 2012 class coming in is getting awfully obnoxious.

Glass half full, man.

Carson and Chas played summer ball. Chas is a 100x better now. I'm not going to rip on Carson because some of you guys have pi$$ed me off. He seems like a good kid.

Dino gave Tyler a committable offer good anytime he wished to make it. Bz couldn't decide what he wanted to do. That is ancient history at the moment. My first problem with Bz was not taking an avalable point guard like S. Larkin or making a timely decision on B.Sullivan. But what will get Bz fired is letting Carson be the center for 3 years. That will keep us from getting out of the bottom 3or4 of the league. Yes, DC I do study our players and Acc opponents and I been doing it for decades. Maybe Ron will put me on staff.

Let's review:

Deaclite says:

1) Our 2012 class cannot get Wake into the top half of the ACC by 2013
2) We need to kick someone off the team and recruit 2 top 50 players or we have no chance of competing with the top 3 in the ACC.

I dispute these absolutes as ridiculous. Oddly enough, you have backed off those claims, and yet continue to call me out by name in posts while lauding yourself and patting yourself on the back nonstop for how amazing your insights are and how you have been doing it for decades.

Now comes a new claim. With Carson playing, we will never be higher than 9th in the ACC.

Deaclite, whether you were chock full of solid, accurate insights at one point or not, and whether it's anti-[Redacted] or anti-Wellman or simply old age that has you spouting these ridiculous assertions as truths, I think you've lost your mind.

DC, thanks for the distortions and insults. Number 1 is correct for the 2012-2013 season, someone will leave and we will have at least 2 recruits in 2013. The point about Carson is also correct. Old age is a cheap shot but funny if you knew me. I wonder why you go over the top so far since I've read your stuff for years and you are a very sharp guy. I'm a little taken a back by your highly personal attacks.

DC, thanks for the distortions and insults. Number 1 is correct for the 2012-2013 season, someone will leave and we will have at least 2 recruits in 2013. The point about Carson is also correct. Old age is a cheap shot but funny if you knew me. I wonder why you go over the top so far since I've read your stuff for years and you are a very sharp guy. I'm a little taken a back by your highly personal attacks.

How are they distortions if you just 100% confirmed them?

And I don't know what you consider over the top. It's offensive to me to read you slamming Carson and calling for another one of our players to leave on a tacked recruiting thread.

I'm obviously kidding about the old age thing - but you have me completely baffled. Do you not understand how cocky it is to say stuff like "the point about Carson is correct?" As if it is somehow decided that in a league consistently devoid of legit centers Wake will never crack 9th withe Carson on the floor?

You really believe that could be "correct?"

For example I never said anything about kicking anybody off the team. People transfer every year or so it seems. Pating myself on the back , that is only true about sayihg that I had a rather serious hobby regarding college basketball but that is well known to a lot of people. I predict ACC standings each season since 1986 and I do pretty well with it so the statements that shock you are pretty standard for me to do. I;m sorry it offends you.

For example I never said anything about kicking anybody off the team. People transfer every year or so it seems. Pating myself on the back , that is only true about sayihg that I had a rather serious hobby regarding college basketball but that is well known to a lot of people. I predict ACC standings each season since 1986 and I do pretty well with it so the statements that shock you are pretty standard for me to do. I;m sorry it offends you.

Actually you name dropped a bunch of coaches. That is patting yourself on the back. Can't believe you'd argue that. Plus you yet again talked about how well you do picking rankings. Why do you argue something and then do exactly what you are denying?

If it's "pretty standard" for you to bash our current players on recruiting threads - especially freshmen forced into starting roles before they were ready - then oh well. Congrats on excusing that behavior in the name of ACC standings predictions.

I'm really tired of arguing this with you. Here are some predictions:

1) We will finish in the top half of the ACC in 2013 regardless of top 50 picks
2) We will finish higher than 9th with Carson starting for us, assuming he starts all 4 years.

We'll see how things turn out. I didn't think any prognosticator could sound more self-assured than Lectro... but you're getting there.

DC you are a little late to the party a lot of the Tyler Lewis stuff goes back with the same posters to DS premium. If I said I' m terrible at basketball analysis that would make you feel better? Iam a bad typist so sometimes my replies do come off differently than intended. I wish you would apply the same standards to discussing Tyler that you complain about for Carson. By the way I would love for Carson to prove me wrong. Atferall these are just my opinions, like everyone else that posts on here. No more than that.

"Dino gave Tyler a committable offer good anytime he wished to make it."

If he wanted to come here, he should have taken the offer then so blame him, not Bzz. I accepted an early admission offer from Wake b/c I wanted to go there. I wasn't going to wait around for UNC or Duke to offer before deciding.

Carson will surpass anything that Chas ever did. Period.

He is no where close to what Chas was his last 2 years. Granted he COULD get there but there's no way of knowing if he will reach that point.

He is no where close to what Chas was his last 2 years. Granted he COULD get there but there's no way of knowing if he will reach that point.

that is a crazy statement...

Chas McFarland (FR year): 5.4mpg, 0.7ppg (4-14 - 29%), 1.6rpg, 7ast, 9to, 2blk and 1stl

Carson Desrosiers (FR year): 19.1mpg, 4ppg (48-122 - 39%), 3.2rpg, 22ast, 27to, 52blk and 8stl

i remember being quite surprised and pleased by Chas in his Sophomore year but let's not skew the stats. why don't we see what happens this season before we throw Carson under the bus. i think Carson had the better FR year, maybe not by a lot but slightly...next year he should be better. besides Chas was playing mop-up minutes against 2nd team players.

what we need is Carson to patrol the lane like Chas and beat up on those that drive on him...like Chas. i was a fan of Chas, we really could have used him last season!

VaT loses JT Thompson for the second year a row. He torn the acl in his other knee this time. That is rough news for him and the Hokies. Guess CJ Barksdale moves up on the depth chart.

Tyler Lewis IS THE REAL DEAL! He may not have the first step to blow by the defender but everything else about his game is ridiculous!

Tyler Lewis IS THE REAL DEAL! He may not have the first step to blow by the defender but everything else about his game is ridiculous!

If you want to make a ball-handling skills training tape, he's the real deal. For big-time college hoops, role player at best.

If you want to make a ball-handling skills training tape, he's the real deal. For big-time college hoops, role player at best.

Agreed, if a physical guard in the ACC makes it his mission to stop him man to man, he want be doing all the stuff he does in those highlight reels with no defense.

How many times does these same points need to be made aboutTyler? His only sin was being more interested in us than we were in him.

From Slamonline.com:

Game vs. QEA

Tyler Lewis, 5-11, Point Guard, Oak Hill Academy, 2012

Making somewhat of a homecoming to play in front of the fans in Winston-Salem, Lewis did not disappoint with 19 points, 14 dimes, and a W. Even with numbers like that, it was still a relatively quiet game out of the NC State recruit based on the way that he got everyone involved and completely controlled the tempo of the game. There have been a lot of haters on Tyler for a while now, but he made a lot of believers last night.

I would be happy to have a moratorium on all things Tyler since he is a Wolfpacker now.

Last edited:
Back