• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Basketball Recruiting Megathread 1.0 has run its course

Bunch of friends in SEC country say it's well known he was dirtiest of the dirty in that conference. Even my hardcore Bama friends said so... when he was there. At the time, had no idea who they were even talking about. They were surprised he landed an acc gig.

That extra week helps. :p

Also, what does Gottfried's incoming freshman class this season look like? I think having to recruit w/ our 5 man class just coming in made things a bit tougher on Bzz as well.

F:
Thomas de Thay - 6'8'' 230+. late pickup from Belgium. Been hearing good things out of him so far, might contribute early. He's 20 and has international team experience. Supposedly very physical.. look forward to him fouling out 8 minutes in to the Duke/UNC games.

Tyler Harris - 6'8'' 200 lbs - Tobias's (UT) little brother. Left handed and can shoot. I honestly don't know much about him other than that.

G:
Jaqawn Raymond - 6'4'' very athletic but not sure how he'll contribute as a frosh. We're thin at guard so I'd imagine he'll get some run.

Alex Johnson - GS 5'11''ish - transferring in from Cal St. - Bakersfield under the Russell Wilson rule. Taken on a leadership role (something we desperately need) and hit 70+ 3's last year. Should spell Zo Brown at the 1 off the bench. I was imagining spot duty at best but it sounds like he has more upside than we all originally thought.

With adding TJW, this class is sick. Amile Jefferson is making his OV this weekend and will be at the UNC game and red/white game. Gotta like our chances coming off Purvis' commit last month and TJ's today. If we get him as well I don't know what I'll do.

Wake hires Jeff [Redacted] April 14th - Chase Fischer, Daniel Green and Anthony Fields

State hires Gottfried April 5th - Tyler Lewis, Rodney Purvis, TJ Warren and possibly Jefferson or White.

I dont think anyone is happy about [Redacted]'s first recruiting class.

It should be noted, though, that:
-We could have gotten Lewis if we had wanted
-Purvis grew up in NCSt's backyard
-Warren is also from Raleigh, and his dad went to State

It'd also be nice to have Naadir Tharpe this season, who I think started for Kansas a couple nights ago (due to injuries and suspensions, I know). Pretty sure we could've had him too, but decided against it. Same with Larkin, who is at Miami now.

Nc State just moved to #2 on the ESPN list and may get Jefferson. That is an impressive haul.

Last edited:
Andre Washington is tall. That's VT's Harrell to his left.

315648_10150357350377781_555337780_8301853_1469769772_n.jpg

Great stuff, also DT says word is A.Len will have to sit out 10 games at Maryland.

That play where Tyler tries to tackle Codi, and Codi still finishes... Not to mention the Codi alley-oop is the best highlight in the video... Kid is going to be ridiculous.

Lewis is obviously a good passer, but CMM made him look pretty silly on defense. From that video, it definitely seems like CMM is more likely to pan out at the D1 level just because he looks much faster.

Kudos to [Redacted]; looks like he got a good one.

Last edited:
Lewis is obviously a good passer, but CMM made him look pretty silly on defense. From that video, it definitely seems like CMM is more likely to pan out at the D1 level just because he looks much faster.

Kudos to [Redacted]; looks like he got a good one.

Lewis seems like a guy who is going to make players around him better. Given the caliber of their recruiting class, I think they got the right guy for them and we got the right guy for us. We need a leader/scorer/star. They need someone to make their other stars even better.

Lewis seems like a guy who is going to make players around him better. Given the caliber of their recruiting class, I think they got the right guy for them and we got the right guy for us. We need a leader/scorer/star. They need someone to make their other stars even better.

Well said.

I dont think anyone is happy about [Redacted]'s first recruiting class.

It should be noted, though, that:
-We could have gotten Lewis if we had wanted
-Purvis grew up in NCSt's backyard
-Warren is also from Raleigh, and his dad went to State

It seems like Tyler gets the short end of a lot of comparisons to Codi even though both are excellent prospects and offer different strengths. Tyler is the consummate point guard and Codi has good size, athletic ability and a beautiful jump shot. I wish we could have both but things did not work out that way. Remember that was Coach Bz's decision not to make Tyler a priority. Seems like a lot of posters act like Tyler spurned us instead.

I don't knock the decision. Tyler is a kid you put with a few super stars to get them good looks while suffering defensively.

He's perfect for a lot of teams, but would be a horrible fit for us.

I don't knock the decision. Tyler is a kid you put with a few super stars to get them good looks while suffering defensively.

He's perfect for a lot of teams, but would be a horrible fit for us.

True, because we are short on superstars, sadly enough.

The problem Tyler is facing is that he won't get the calls he gets in HS or AAU in college.

I still think he'd be an excellent backup PG going in agaisnt the opposition's part starters, part subs. He'd get great numbers doing that.

His defensive deficiencies and lack of size could make him spectacular as a starter while giving up as much as he helps his team.

Tyler is a magnet for other blue chippers because he gets them the ball in scoring position.

Back