• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Megathread 3.0 - The Manning era begins: The Harry Giles Chronicles

I don't understand how a guy so fat can be so mobile. How does that even happen?

I don't think most people realize just how much Big E transformed his body at Wake. I think he tipped the scales at 310 in his sophomore year of high school before he started losing weight.

He was at least 310....I remember what he looked like the first time I saw him at a Wake game when he was in high school. The difference between that and how he looked by his junior and senior years at Wake was really remarkable. As Ranger said, Big E worked really hard and totally transformed his body.

BBall Recruiting Megathread 3.0 - Life After Buzz!!! or: The Harry Giles Chro...

Weird. Tapatalk skips from post 4212 to 4221. There was a video of Bennett and I mentioned how big Big E was his sophomore year.

And now they came back so disregard. Strange.

That dude is way fatter than Big E was in high school.

I don't think most people realize just how much Big E transformed his body at Wake. I think he tipped the scales at 310 in his sophomore year of high school before he started losing weight.

Once Skip convinced him that "gravy is not a beverage."

Not really. Big E was about that big as a sophomore and gradually lost weight.

I don't think so. I used to work for my HS basketball team which was in the same conference as E's WFRHS. He wasn't that fat as a sophomore.

Can't wait for a new coach so we can make a new recruiting thread and be done with all things "he who shall remain. Name less."

Shelton Mitchell plays on ESPNU Thursday at 2 PM ET at MSG. Cleared to play. Nice opportunity for him.

Can we expect him to be rusty or should we all freak the fuck out when he doesn't got for 20 and 10 dimes?

One thing that bothers me about the coaching search being strung out is that it's going to be tougher to get any another recruit signed this year. The number of schollys available may jump once the new coach is announced. Buzz Williams has already offered 3 guys at VT for this cycle (only one is a JUCO). The Hokies are looking for another big, same as Wake. Time's a wastin'.

Aside from graduate transfers, we shouldn't sign anyone else in this class anyway. Have to start getting on the 15 and 16 guys this spring though.

Here is a picture of Big E from his recruiting page:
25_EricWilliamsWake.JPG

AAU Photo:
354m.JPG

Last edited:
Hearing that Illinois has been in contact with Steve Smith at Oak Hill and Shelton Mitchell's AAU coach to discuss the possibility of Mitchell getting out of his LOI to Wake and reopening his recruiting.

Hearing that Illinois has been in contact with Steve Smith at Oak Hill and Shelton Mitchell's AAU coach to discuss the possibility of Mitchell getting out of his LOI to Wake and reopening his recruiting.

Can a school reach out like this? You make it sound as if the school initiated the contact.

Shelton will wait until we get a coach.

Can a school reach out like this? You make it sound as if the school initiated the contact.

Don't think they can, or will, contact Mitchell. They can talk to individuals around him however.

Back