• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Megathread 3.0 - The Manning era begins: The Harry Giles Chronicles

Anyone who liked Wake enough to commit to [Redacted] will come here.

So I guess best case scenario, it turns out Danny Manning is a knock out recruiter. There doesn't seem to be evidence of this. We know that people in NC know who he is. But do we know anything else about Manning as a recruiter? Is he credited with landing anyone at Kansas?

So I guess best case scenario, it turns out Danny Manning is a knock out recruiter. There doesn't seem to be evidence of this. We know that people in NC know who he is. But do we know anything else about Manning as a recruiter? Is he credited with landing anyone at Kansas?

Perry Ellis. It is Kansas though.

If it is Manning, is it at least safe to assume we will, in fact, recruit big men to come play the sport of basketball for us?

Sure but I don't think as highly as people are thinking. He will target big guys and make them better.

If it is Manning, is it at least safe to assume we will, in fact, recruit big men to come play the sport of basketball for us?

I believe so. Thats a big pro in my book.

I hope he is allowed to really take the gloves off when he get in here and recruit like crazy. We need a serious infusion of ACC talent if we want to be relevant over the next 5 years.

We need some transfers to happen so our next coach has a little freedom with recruiting.

With Manning as the guy presumably recruiting bigs, I'd really like to see Chill retained to work with guards.

Manning's recruiting "potential" has got to be one of the main reasons for hiring him. Management sees a tall, former NBA All-Star (who won a few games as HC in Tulsa) and they think "The high-school kids are gonna love him!"

Manning also has a sophomore/rising junior bottleneck issue with Tulsa.

He likely had some plan in place there (presumably).

I'm interested to see what Manning does with Watson.

The main positive for Manning is his player development. He's pretty unproven so far as an elite recruiter. Hopefully that comes together here.

But everything I've read from Kansas fans during his time there is that they feel he is largely responsible for massive improvement in their bigs over a sustained period of time. He's a players' coach, they like him and he knows how to get through to them.

Why do we need chill? How do we even know he is any good as a coach?

Back