• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Megathread 3.0 - The Manning era begins: The Harry Giles Chronicles

If we rescinded a scholarship offer right at signing day, it's certainly a new definition of "culture change"

Multiple players at Colorado. http://www.fannation.com/si_blogs/agray/posts/2727-should-college-coaches-be-allowed-to-cut-players

I am suspicious that he did this at Wake as well, but have 0 proof, other than his previous track record.

Even before he stepped foot on campus, Jeff [Redacted] was an asshole.

After years of mediocrity, Colorado hoops fans are ecstatic about the arrival of former Air Force and Denver Nuggets coach Jeff [Redacted]. Unfortunately, some of [Redacted]'s early moves have rubbed people the wrong way. On Tuesday, the school issued a release saying sophomore guard Kelvin Bay -- who averaged 6.3 points, 1.9 assists and 1.3 rebounds per game as a freshman -- will not return to the team next season. The following day, the Rocky Mountain News reported that Bay and three other freshman (Marc Van Burck, Sean Kowal and James Inge) were not leaving on their own accord. Instead, the paper reported, [Redacted] told the players their scholarships wouldn't be renewed.

Bay, who was still on the Boulder campus, got booted from his dorm room last Friday because the school's "May-mester" ended on May 31 and he was forced to stay with a couple friends on the women's team. Inge, who is in good academic standing and played in 15 games last season -- is going through the appeals process and told the paper, "My scholarship was taken unjustly, then it comes out that I chose to leave, which is totally untrue."

We feel for Inge. He made a commitment to attend Colorado for four years and the school made a commitment back to him. He held up his end of the deal and shouldn't be punished by a new coach. While we know [Redacted] wants to put the best possible team on the floor, he shouldn't do it at the expense of a young man's future, especially one who did everything asked of him. Coaches can come and go at will and the players must stay put or risk having to sit out a year if they transfer. Now, we're learning that players are being viewed as disposable commodities. That just isn't right.

That tweet did say Wake "had to" go in another direction so maybe there was a legitimate reason. Grasping for straws here.

In all seriousness, someone tweet Haas and family and explain that we too hate Jeff [Redacted]. Anything that they can give us will be used to help get that asshole fired. It may even go on a billboard!!

They will want to help

[Redacted] no longer gets the benefit of the doubt on matters like this. Guilty until proven innocent.

Seriously does the fact that he still has a Wake background on his twitter indicate anything?

Seriously does the fact that he still has a Wake background on his twitter indicate anything?

This and the fact that two of his last tweets, since taken down, were:

a little more than 24 hours before he was to sign: To anyone who's interested and would like to attend, Wednesday @2:00 PM I sign my National Letter of Intent to WFU in the HBHS gym!

18 hours before he was to sign: I'm 18 hours away from sealing my bright future at Wake Forest! #DeaconNation

These are not the tweets of kid who was considering changing his mind.

If [Redacted] pulled the scholarship, he should be fired immediately. It's indefensible

Isaac Haas ‏@isaacbball44 11m
This makes four sleepless nights..
Reply Retweet Favorite More Expand

Edited to add: This seems to imply he wasn't caught off guard yesterday out of nowhere

Isaac Haas ‏@isaacbball44 11m
This makes four sleepless nights..
Reply Retweet Favorite More Expand

Edited to add: This seems to imply he wasn't caught off guard yesterday out of nowhere

this isn't a popular opinion on here, but I keep hearing from multiple contacts that it's grades related and the staff's hands are tied.

this isn't a popular opinion on here, but I keep hearing from multiple contacts that it's grades related and the staff's hands are tied.

That is really strange, given we have had numerous guys (in both football and baskteball), sign NLOI's without being qualified academically.

That is really strange, given we have had numerous guys (in both football and baskteball), sign NLOI's without being qualified academically.

apparently those days are done and admissions gets to make the call. Coaches used to be able to sneak guys in and they'd look the other way.

still doens't make sense - you can sign a NLOI before you are qualified.

Even though wake does not require the ACT or SAT for admissions, athletes must achieve the minimum score one of those tests in order for them to be cleared by the NCAA. If acheiving the min score is an issue - it is an issue not only for Wake but also for any other school that he was looking at....

Back