• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bball Recruiting Megathread: Devin Mitchell on campus

Did DG redshirt?

I know I should be able to find this but I can't. I searched but didn't want to go through 300 pages of forum posts. Common sense tells me yes but I don't wanna assume anything.

They will have to submit for a medical redshirt at the end of the season since he played in an exhibition game this year. Don't see why he would not be approved by the NCAA.

After I saw Moto play in HS I posted on here that he has the type of elbows you "do not want to run in to."

Just wanted to take credit for that. Those things are some serious weapons. Anyway, carry on.

Anybody know if we plan on offering or have offered Sidy Djitte? I read somewhere we were waiting on his grades and I know we've been to see him recently. Would we be a factor if we did offer? He has offers from State, UConn, Cincy, and Clemson.

If we were to get Sidy Djitte it will ostensibly be our last schollie until 2015. On the one hand it's a 2013 big man who would come in with great size and the ability to play C. On the other hand we seem to have some 2014 momentum.

If we were to get Sidy Djitte it will ostensibly be our last schollie until 2015. On the one hand it's a 2013 big man who would come in with great size and the ability to play C. On the other hand we seem to have some 2014 momentum.

Agreed and all reports about Djitte project him as a project. We already have Daniel and Andre (not to mention Devin and Tyler) who fit the bill of project post players. Why not gamble on 2014 at this point?

Based on his offer list alone I'd say Sidy comes in much more ready to play. His body is also much better than Daniel and Andre.

What's the word on Djitte? Looks like he hasn't really been evaluated by any of the recruiting services.

His rankings are bad or non-existent but the real story is his offer list. I think he is relatively new on the scene in comparison to most high major recruits. Pretty recent ESPN write up:

ESPN Analyst
Updated 12/27/2012

Strengths:
Djitte has an excellent basketball body. He is a extra long, strong and agile with good hands. This center runs the floor extremely well. Djitte also displayed the ability to hit the 15 foot jumper with time and space on a pretty consistent basis in addition to a nice touch in and around the lane with hooks and turn shots. He is a physical and efficient rebounder on both ends of the floor especially offensively. He does a good job of contesting, changing and blocking shots as well. Djitte is a very good post defender that competes for position and makes the offense shoot over him.

Weaknesses:
Djitte must work to post deeper in the lane and continue to develop his overall skills especially ball handling.

Bottom Line:.
Djitte is a true center with great size. He can positively affect the game on both ends of the floor with his ability to score around the basket and out to about 15 feet, rebound and block shots. Djitte is very productive on both ends and has great upside

I would prefer to wait until 2014 for sure, with the potential to nab another one (we can even dream for two) top 20 recruits.

Also, FWIW, I've been advised that Theo Pinson will likely make his decision after the AAU season next year. I expected this for sure. I've also been told that we've stepped up the pressure on him. I think his relationship with CP3 and Shelton could end up bringing him to Wake. Again, this is still a long shot, but it's a legitimate shot from what I'm hearing.

I would prefer to wait until 2014 for sure, with the potential to nab another one (we can even dream for two) top 20 recruits.

Also, FWIW, I've been advised that Theo Pinson will likely make his decision after the AAU season next year. I expected this for sure. I've also been told that we've stepped up the pressure on him. I think his relationship with CP3 and Shelton could end up bringing him to Wake. Again, this is still a long shot, but it's a legitimate shot from what I'm hearing.

ugh, my hopes will get up and I'll end up disappointed, I can tell already...

If we end up with a project big man for 2013 after clearly not prioritizing getting a big man I will blow my lid.

We'll be fine at the 4-5 between Devin, Moto, Cav, Green, and Andre. No need for another question mark. Contrary to everything I have ever said on this thread, I think the current focus should be on a wing. We don't have a clear replacement for CJ or Travis right now and that should be top priority. It's clear that [Redacted] wants to use the 5 for defense (which Devin can do) and rebounding (which Devin can do), and not offense (which Devin can't do now, but might develop).

No matter what the outcome of the season giving a scholarship just because we have one is a terrible idea.

Back