• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bball Recruiting Megathread: Devin Mitchell on campus

This is the first 2013 PG that I've seen us mentioned with and it sounds like that's not going to happen anyway. We're still going hard after Reed, Williams, Overton, Quarterman, etc. Hopefully we get one of those 4.

ETA: Yeah, Strick beat me to it.

Uh, we're in Davon Reed and Kam Williams's respective top-3s and have Miles Overton under our thumb. We're doing just fine in terms of recruiting an SG.

Ok, it just seems like every time I pull up this thread there's some bad news about a SG prospect.

Ok, it just seems like every time I pull up this thread there's some bad news about a SG prospect.

We finally got some good news from Reed's camp! We're the first visit and in his top-3 along with Miami (currently Kam's #1, which suggests that all might not be secure in Kam's recruitment). So, it's basically us and Xavier for Reed and it seems like Miami and us for Kam.

We're doing well with Quarterman, as well, and Miles Overton still loves us.

We finally got some good news from Reed's camp! We're the first visit and in his top-3 along with Miami (currently Kam's #1, which suggests that all might not be secure in Kam's recruitment). So, it's basically us and Xavier for Reed and it seems like Miami and us for Kam.

We're doing well with Quarterman, as well, and Miles Overton still loves us.

Who's our first choice?

Also, we're reportedly interested in two different PG's for 2013 (Severe and the Aussie).

As I previously posted, Severe isn't a PG and probably the backup to the backup plan.

First longer video of Kam I have seen. Absolutely love that he already has developed the floater. Yes, please.

As I previously posted, Severe isn't a PG and probably the backup to the backup plan.

First longer video of Kam I have seen. Absolutely love that he already has developed the floater. Yes, please.

I love Kam as a CJ-type, but ideally we're going to have the kind of PG that's going to make a player like Davon look really good...

idk, from the reports I've seen on both, Kam is the much better pure shooter between the two. Reed has dropped lately after going into the summer at #64 and now just out of the top 100. Reed is the bigger body and would help much more on the defensive end, but isn't the shooter/scorer that Kam is. Overton is likely a better pure 3-point shooter than Reed too.

I just fear where the scoring is going to come from after CJ/Travis move on other than CMM.

idk, from the reports I've seen on both, Kam is the much better pure shooter between the two. Reed has dropped lately after going into the summer at #64 and now just out of the top 100. Reed is the bigger body and would help much more on the defensive end, but isn't the shooter/scorer that Kam is. Overton is likely a better pure 3-point shooter than Reed too.

I just fear where the scoring is going to come from after CJ/Travis move on other than CMM.

I'm hoping to get some points out of Moto and McClinton...

He plays for this small Christian school here in HB. I've never known anybody who went that church or knew anyone who went to church there. They have tens of millions of dollars in land.

Holy cow, I really like him. That move at 1:29 was DIRTY, as was the finish.

If [Redacted] manages to get him, I will rethink myself being 100% Bzzout if we get some wins this year.

Holy cow, I really like him. That move at 1:29 was DIRTY, as was the finish.

If [Redacted] manages to get him, I will rethink myself being 100% Bzzout if we get some wins this year.

he's got some JTT to him, too.. wonder if he's as much of a chucker. What say you, titswf?

Yeah, his floater seems to be his bread and butter.

he's got some JTT to him, too.. wonder if he's as much of a chucker. What say you, titswf?

During the EYBL, the top AAU Nike tournaments, he put up a lot of shots (first or second most in the league) but his percentages were pretty high too (esp. 3 pt %). Tried to look them up again on the EYBL website, but it seems to be down. He's definitely not afraid to let it go.

I got to go down to Peach Jam and saw Kam play a couple times. I included him in my Day 2 Recap http://recruitinghype.blogspot.com/2012/08/peach-jam-day-2-recap.html

Here's what I saw:

Kameron Williams; 2013 SG- Baltimore Elite 17U
For a 6’2” pure shooting guard to play at the high major level, he usually must make up for his lack of size with something else. With some guys, it’s elite athletic ability. For Kameron Williams, it’s a fearless mentality and an unbelievable feel as a scorer. The Mount St. Joseph (MD) product can score from anywhere on the floor. He does it in a countless number of ways: shots off the catch, midrange pull-ups, floaters, and others. Williams owns great concentration, and that allows him to shoot and score over his larger defenders. Although he could still be more aggressive in his cuts, Williams moves well without the ball and has good court sense. To further sum up his offensive ability, Williams is a pure scorer who can act as a shooter coming off picks or as a creator for himself with the ball in his hands. My bet is that while he may not turn in big time scoring efforts on a nightly basis at the next level, he will continue his scoring ways and contribute in a major way to a team’s offense. That makes him a high major prospect. However, that team will have to accept occasional defensive lapses. It’s not his effort or commitment that is the issue, but Williams’ size puts him at a disadvantage on that end of the floor. Nevertheless, Williams clearly is a guy who expects a lot from himself and accepts challenges by embracing them, so I expect continued improvement from this competitor.

Back