• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k16- SJM, Washington, Childress & Mitchell sign NLIs; 2017?

Always enjoy the optimistic "let's limit ourselves to the last 15 years of WF basketball" comps for recruits.

I like role players that can shoot. Obviously, we need a star to put with this group in order to get back in contention.

I hope we've been thinking about recruiting all wrong and instead of 2015 being the role player class and 2016 being the star class, 2015 is the star class and 2016 is part role player, part star class.

I hope we've been thinking about recruiting all wrong and instead of 2015 being the role player class and 2016 being the star class, 2015 is the star class and 2016 is part role player, part star class.

Collins looked awesome to me. I don't know what his competition level is like (Jackie Manuel played at his HS), but he looked the type of player we desperately needed.

If you're picking someone off of last year's team to compare to Childress, the player is Mitch Wilbekin.

Brandon Childress is a much better ball handler and much quicker than Wilbekin. He will be able to create his own shots and create shots for others, unlike Wilbekin.

Just some fun Brandon Childress highlights. I think he is going to be a really solid player. His stroke is pure.

I will be honest, I must admit that BChill reminds me a lot of Taron. He is going to be his own man, but it is hard not to form comparisons. Can't wait to get him in uniform and see what he can do.

Last edited:
Brick O. Over at Acc Sports Journal has Brandon as the 20th best early signee for the ACC. Think they still show SJM as 2017- go figure.

All this Downey talk brought me to the alum page of EuroBasket.com (http://basketball.usbasket.com/team/USA/Wake_Forest_University/203?Page=4)

Some interesting points (I thought)-
-Downey last played in Cyprus in 2013
-Darius Leonard will be continuing his career in Germany in the same league as Visser
-Foo played his last year at Oregon Tech
-Trent Strickland's pro career was shorter than CE0's and Levy's

Back