• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k16- SJM, Washington, Childress & Mitchell sign NLIs; 2017?

Brandon Childress is not nearly the athlete Downey was/is.

I don't understand why you would say that so definitively. There's no way to compare the two "athletically". Are you saying what is most memorable about Downey is his athleticism? Not sure I would agree with that. Downey's #1 asset by far was big moment, big game, big play ability. In most respects that's what Randolph Childress' legacy is. When you watch these highlight tapes of Brandon Childress it feels so much like his dad to me. Smooth, calm, under control, and deadeye describe his highlights. People I think have forgotten that Randolph took a couple years for his on court personality to emerge to match his skills. I see that potential in Brandon. Head always up, looking for the play, pouring the ball through the net, just like his dad. Athleticism isn't now, and wasn't then a big part of what stood out about Downey and Childress. It was BIG time basketball mentality, confidence, and icewater in the veins. I won't be surprised at all if Brandon shows us all that in a couple years.

I don't understand why you would say that so definitively. There's no way to compare the two "athletically". Are you saying what is most memorable about Downey is his athleticism? Not sure I would agree with that. Downey's #1 asset by far was big moment, big game, big play ability. In most respects that's what Randolph Childress' legacy is. When you watch these highlight tapes of Brandon Childress it feels so much like his dad to me. Smooth, calm, under control, and deadeye describe his highlights. People I think have forgotten that Randolph took a couple years for his on court personality to emerge to match his skills. I see that potential in Brandon. Head always up, looking for the play, pouring the ball through the net, just like his dad. Athleticism isn't now, and wasn't then a big part of what stood out about Downey and Childress. It was BIG time basketball mentality, confidence, and icewater in the veins. I won't be surprised at all if Brandon shows us all that in a couple years.

The comparison to Gray with point guards skills was spot on. Maybe an inch shorter in height.

Actually , the best comparison is to his dad, but 2 or 3 inches shorter.

Dook , Jason Capel, & the rat should be very, very worried right now.

VERY worried.

Vibes are still positive. Pay no attention to the crystal ball predictions, etc. All they are basing that on is recent program success.

Manning HIMSELF has out-recruited them all.

Trying to find out if there could be a Harry sighting at B&GM...if there is, there better be a strong student presence and electric atmosphere to help cement his decision.

VERY worried.

Vibes are still positive. Pay no attention to the crystal ball predictions, etc. All they are basing that on is recent program success.

Trying to find out if there could be a Harry sighting at B&GM...if there is, there better be a strong student presence and electric atmosphere to help cement his decision.

Jesus, dude. You just killed the rest of my work day.

VERY worried.

Sighting... I want him to play...

tumblr_lwixcriF3g1ql8m4to1_250.gif

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k16-Samuel Japhet-Mathias commits! Waiting for Giles...

Harry is a teenager- keep that in mind.

That being said, being recruited by Danny Manning- not Manning's assistants- has made quite an impression.

He still has to close the deal- and Harry will be at dook's midnight madness or whatever they call it in derm. So personally, I'm worried about that.

ETA: those are my worries. No one I've talked to has even mentioned his dook visit.

Harry talked at length with Eric Bossi at Rivals about Wake with Bossi adding positive points about Manning as well. He basically said he thought the Kansas visit was going to be fun and they discussed Ky. adding Gabriel and others. Regarding Duke talked about Tatum a lot and building on what they have done. Tatum appears to be their best leverage with Harry. However, Harry said that Tatum said he understood that Harry would choose the best school for him. Definitely feel that Wake is leading based on listening to Harry talk about his thoughts. Said he may not commit early and would not firm up a visit date to UNC.

#vibes

No, really, guys, I'm all aboard.

Back