• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k16- SJM, Washington, Childress & Mitchell sign NLIs; 2017?

It was kindergarten level rebuttal for a preschool level argument. It's like you don't follow sports.
Perhaps actually respond to the info in post #15015 instead of going on about the definition of a can't miss prospect. Christ, you sound like jhmd in a UNC thread. Just absolutely pointless. Have a good night, Ph.

Last edited:
You don't understand what a "can't miss" prospect is. Simple and sad.
"Can't miss" prospects rarely turn into All Star caliber NBA players, therefore you cant reasonably measure a coaches ability to develop players based on how many of his "cant miss" prospects have become NBA All-Stars.

Depends on the definition of "can't miss." Can't miss nba all star. Can't miss all acc. Can't miss nba player. A lot of those players listed could be call can't miss the nba draft. After being drafted there are many more factors to becoming a top nba player.

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k16-Samuel Japhet-Mathias commits! Waiting for Giles...

"Can't miss" isn't the same as "didn't miss." It just means an elite player who people would be very shocked if he didn't succeed. I'm not going to look it up now but I doubt there have been more than 10 consensus "can't miss" high school players going into their senior season since Lebron. Nobody just spits out a top 10 list and calls them all "can't miss" players. Chris Paul wasn't even a can't miss player.

Harry Giles is definitely a can't miss player.

The only person trying to run the guy off is Creamy, who is one of the dumbest posters we have, so I wouldn't put too much stock into it

Counter point ayo too is one of the dumbest posters we have as exhibited by his horrible nfl hot takes. For example at one point claiming he was making the redskins his second team because rg3 was so good.

"Can't miss" isn't the same as "didn't miss." It just means an elite player who people would be very shocked if he didn't succeed. I'm not going to look it up now but I doubt there have been more than 10 consensus "can't miss" high school players going into their senior season since Lebron. Nobody just spits out a top 10 list and calls them all "can't miss" players. Chris Paul wasn't even a can't miss player.

Harry Giles is definitely a can't miss player.
Wait, whaaa? You thought I was actually calling every single one of those top 10 RSCI recruits from every single year "can't miss?" Holy smokes, Batman. Turn the freaking sarcasm detector on. In the last 15 years, I would count the number of "can't miss" prospects on one hand. K has never coached a can't miss prospect. Hence, why I asked MichDeac25:

Good to know. I'm sure Harry is looking up all of these Kansas bigs' recruiting rankings, comparing them to their PER in college and the NBA, and KenPoming some win shares contributed by Manning's coaching.

Yeesh, some people on here really overrate coaching. I'm sure it's much simpler from Giles' perspective. K is a proven coaching legend who is coming off a national championship led by 3 one and dones. Manning is an unproven coach whose game as a player was very similar to Giles'. Both coaches have their appeal.

Which "can't miss" Duke guys do you speak of?
And hence why I said no, Jahlil Okafor (RSCI #1 in 2014) is not a can't miss prospect when Creamy asked.

Reading freaking comprehension.

Simple and sad.

Last edited:
Counter point ayo too is one of the dumbest posters we have as exhibited by his horrible nfl hot takes. For example at one point claiming he was making the redskins his second team because rg3 was so good.
Why you gotta do me like that, man? I said that when RG3 was winning Offensive Rookie of the Year and before his leg snapped in half, and he deteriorated into nothing.

Dumbest posters? I didn't even make the list. I find it coincidental that Yankee face bandwagoners are the ones calling me the "dumbest poster". You guys just don't understand a good ole boy like Creamy.

#vibes

I'm not going to take the time to do this research, but I'll bet K has had fewer NBA all stars per burger boy than any coach in America. Moreover , Duke likely has had more burger boys than any other college over the past 30 years. I say again: VCU, Lehigh, Mercer. K has copied Calipari's one and done approach (at a school which should frown upon it) because he was losing in the first round so much.

Dumbest posters? I didn't even make the list. I find it coincidental that Yankee face bandwagoners are the ones calling me the "dumbest poster". You guys just don't understand a good ole boy like Creamy.

#vibes

Lectro?

People really see signing the best recruit in the country for even nine months is a bad thing? Will it pay off on the court, maybe not. Will it be fun to hear about it for a year before all our games are back on national tv regularly, very much.

This is exactly what you don't understand as a fan of a team that just won it all & whose program isn't recovering from [name redacted]. No one who follows Wake hoops thinks if Harry chooses WF the impact will be minimal & is the message we are hoping he truly understands when making this decision. Truthfully the bolded is also what we hope goes against Duke /Ky versus Wake.

Excellent point. The upper tier teams would not suffer by not getting Giles. They would only slightly improve with him. A team like Wake would likely improve dramatically and Giles would get far more press coverage as the only real star of a team vs the top star of a team like Duke. I've always wondered why the NBA is not completely filled with Duke players but like it was pointed out coach K does a great job of making a player a great college player. I would imagine Manning would better prepare him for the NBA than K.

Remember when the main internet criticism of Duke was that they were a graveyard for big men?

Good times.

Wait, whaaa? You thought I was actually calling every single one of those top 10 RSCI recruits from every single year "can't miss?" Holy smokes, Batman. Turn the freaking sarcasm detector on. In the last 15 years, I would count the number of "can't miss" prospects on one hand. K has never coached a can't miss prospect. Hence, why I asked MichDeac25:

And hence why I said no, Jahlil Okafor (RSCI #1 in 2014) is not a can't miss prospect when Creamy asked.

Reading freaking comprehension.

Simple and sad.
Still waiting for Ph to respond to this post and admit his reading comprehension was preschool level yesterday. But will he? In the words of RJKarl,

NAH

I once talked to Packer about 15 years ago. His comments on Duke was that K recruited players that had already reached their max capabilities because his goal was not recruiting potential, but thos that could win now. The concept was to WIN national championships get players that are reaching their PEEK as opposed to those that reach it in the NBA. K's philosophy has progressed over the last couple years. Remember when he used to say he would not put players names/number in the rafters unless they graduated. I'm sure soon that will not be the case.

Back