• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k16- SJM, Washington, Childress & Mitchell sign NLIs; 2017?

Giles stopped naming a favorite school to interviewers once he received some coaching on how to answer those type of questions more diplomatically.

Wow, interesting. So it seems that mr. Giles has not had his story straight. Of course it wouldn't surprise me at all about the team hopping, none of these kids are anywhere close to the level of "fan" we see on a message board, and they don't let it stand in the way of business.

InsideCarolina most definitely insists that most of his close family are UNC fans, however.

Wow, interesting. So it seems that mr. Giles has not had his story straight. Of course it wouldn't surprise me at all about the team hopping, none of these kids are anywhere close to the level of "fan" we see on a message board, and they don't let it stand in the way of business.

InsideCarolina most definitely insists that most of his close family are UNC fans, however.

That means nothing. Many of my close friends and family are die hard Yankees fans, but fuck the Yankees...Lets Go Mets!

Most of the damn state of North Carolina are Chapel Hell fans...what's your point??

Just give it a rest. If you're right in 3 to 4 weeks from now, come back and gloat, but till then, can you start your own silly thread about Duke recruiting efforts of Mr. Giles. We don't care!

I think it has more to do with Giles becoming more and more businesslike as he grows. He probably already knows where he is going to commit but by stretching out his recruitment he makes the process more high profile, which increases his exposure and builds his brand. I don't think it has as much to do with team hopping as it does with him receiving some interview coaching that helps bolster his profile. There's nothing wrong with any of this and it makes a lot of sense on his part.

I don't think in"consistent" isn't the right word here. If in one article he said Wake was his favorite, another he answered the same question with Kentucky and in a third instance of responding to a similar question he answered UNC, then that is not being consistent. This is simply backing off a previous answer, probably because he likes getting personal phone calls from K, Calapari, and Roy. Plus we were only 3 or 4 months past the [Redacted] era.

What Smidge said was clearly in the wrong

Meh. Other than dropping "faggot," Smidge is spot on. Fuck that Duke loser. What kind of asshole feels the need to go to opposing team's board and stir shit about a recruit? Fuck him and fuck Duke. Virtually every person associated with Duke sucks. And I don't mean as basketball players - as a human beings.

Meh. Other than dropping "faggot," Smidge is spot on. Fuck that Duke loser. What kind of asshole feels the need to go to opposing team's board and stir shit about a recruit? Fuck him and fuck Duke. Virtually every person associated with Duke sucks. And I don't mean as basketball players - as a human beings.

+1...I can't believe this clown insists on hanging around here and posting shit he reads on other message boards. I have been #DukesonOUT since his first "friendly" post. He's trying to rip down the foundation of #vibes that we've collectively worked so hard on spreading.

I don't think in"consistent" isn't the right word here. If in one article he said Wake was his favorite, another he answered the same question with Kentucky and in a third instance of responding to a similar question he answered UNC, then that is not being consistent. This is simply backing off a previous answer, probably because he likes getting personal phone calls from K, Calapari, and Roy. Plus we were only 3 or 4 months past the [name redacted] era.
Triple negative. My head's spinning.

Just pointing out he hasn't been consistent. Which is the accurate answer is impossible to know. I would lean towards what Ranger said.

Last edited:
What Smidge said was clearly in the wrong, but I hate the "it's just sports dude" statement. You have 50 posts on an opposing fans message board about a 17 year old kid, it's clearly important to you, and everybody else on here. No reason to mitigate how much it means when you're called out on something (fairly or not).

But the Lord said to Samuel, “Do not look on his appearance or on the height of his stature, because I have rejected him. For the Lord sees not as man sees: man looks on the outward appearance, but the Lord looks on the heart.”

Get the fuck off our board you faggot bitch. Your just a jock sniffer. I've actually talked to the kid hundreds of times. He's a wake fan since he was young kid watching Duncan and then Paul and being hand picked as a CP favorite years ago is one of his biggest accomplishments. Just ask him, oh wait you're a nobody Duke fan. Go suck some K dick.

A hot-tempered man stirs up strife, but he who is slow to anger quiets contention.

Triple negative. My head's spinning.

Just pointing out he hasn't been consistent. Which is the accurate answer is impossible to know. I would lean towards what Ranger said.

Whoops...my bad for the "isn't" typo...should have been "is". My copy editor isn't not on his lunch break.

get about 10-20 student members (that's all it would take) of the #wakeforgiles campaign to stake out and go to Durham this weekend. There's no doubt Giles will go by Cameron Indoor at least once (there's also a Duke football game this weekend). Have them congregate outside in the area and then take off their jackets and reveal tie dyes (or other Wake stuff), chanting his name, posters, what not when they see him walk by. Instant love in an enemy territory would mean something.

I would also pay good $ to see K's reaction to something like this.

Is it too much? Probably. Would it be worth it if by some chance we got Giles? Definitely.

But the Lord said to Samuel, “Do not look on his appearance or on the height of his stature, because I have rejected him. For the Lord sees not as man sees: man looks on the outward appearance, but the Lord looks on the heart.”

"Accept what you cannot change. Change what you cannot accept."
The Sphinx

Back