• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k16- SJM, Washington, Childress & Mitchell sign NLIs; 2017?

It will be tough to leave Durham without committing to Coach K this weekend.

I'm sure he will have a plan and not act on impulse. It's like walking away from the BMW dealership after you test drive a M3. You sleep on it for a couple of days. Unless it's his plan to do that before he goes, he won't fall for the K pressure job.

I think it has more to do with Giles becoming more and more businesslike as he grows. He probably already knows where he is going to commit but by stretching out his recruitment he makes the process more high profile, which increases his exposure and builds his brand. I don't think it has as much to do with team hopping as it does with him receiving some interview coaching that helps bolster his profile. There's nothing wrong with any of this and it makes a lot of sense on his part.

And being a Duke recruit brings publicity and "brand". Then, surprising everyone by spurning Duke and going with the hometown school does just the same. If he wants to go to Wake, the best thing he can do for his brand/storyline is continue to let everyone think he is going to Duke.

I'm sure he will have a plan and not act on impulse. It's like walking away from the BMW dealership after you test drive a M3. You sleep on it for a couple of days. Unless it's his plan to do that before he goes, he won't fall for the K pressure job.

Coach K is the best coach in college basketball. I don't like it but word in Durham from people I trust is a commitment is a imminent. It's more likely than a CMM three pointer hitting nothing but net.

No Dook coaches showed up. Buzz Williams was there. Josh Howard was behind Hargrave Bench. And Fuck Coach K. He wasn't so great of a coach after the VCU, Lehigh and Mercer games. With all the burger boys he has coached , he should have 10 NCAA titles. He's had at least 7 or 8 on his team for 30+ years .

You would think Kevin Strickland would show up at his high school gym to support Dook. Either Giles is a lock for Dook or their staff is lazy as hell.

You would think Kevin Strickland would show up at his high school gym to support Dook. Either Giles is a lock for Dook or their staff is lazy as hell.

Coach K does not have anything to prove. He's playing it like he is in the driver's seat. he is.

Back