• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k16- SJM, Washington, Childress & Mitchell sign NLIs; 2017?

get about 10-20 student members (that's all it would take) of the #wakeforgiles campaign to stake out and go to Durham this weekend. There's no doubt Giles will go by Cameron Indoor at least once (there's also a Duke football game this weekend). Have them congregate outside in the area and then take off their jackets and reveal tie dyes (or other Wake stuff), chanting his name, posters, what not when they see him walk by. Instant love in an enemy territory would mean something.

I would also pay good $ to see K's reaction to something like this.

Is it too much? Probably. Would it be worth it if by some chance we got Giles? Definitely.

toilets. drop 100-300 toilets at cameron.

get about 10-20 student members (that's all it would take) of the #wakeforgiles campaign to stake out and go to Durham this weekend. There's no doubt Giles will go by Cameron Indoor at least once (there's also a Duke football game this weekend). Have them congregate outside in the area and then take off their jackets and reveal tie dyes (or other Wake stuff), chanting his name, posters, what not when they see him walk by. Instant love in an enemy territory would mean something.

I would also pay good $ to see K's reaction to something like this.

Is it too much? Probably. Would it be worth it if by some chance we got Giles? Definitely.

Just needs 5% of the support the buzz out campaign garnered. I cant be in Durham and am not a student, but definitely agree that it'd be worth the efforts.

Get the fuck off our board you faggot bitch. Your just a jock sniffer. I've actually talked to the kid hundreds of times. He's a wake fan since he was young kid watching Duncan and then Paul and being hand picked as a CP favorite years ago is one of his biggest accomplishments. Just ask him, oh wait you're a nobody Duke fan. Go suck some K dick.

Since Harry was born the year after Duncan graduated, I doubt he saw too many games with Duncan in a Wake uniform.

Since Harry was born the year after Duncan graduated, I doubt he saw too many games with Duncan in a Wake uniform.

This is false. I'll never forget my first game as a Wake fan. It was 1993 against UNC. Rodney just slammed his 360 yam on those UNC n00bs and the crowd was going nuts. A 7th grade Harry Giles turned around and high-fived me so hard that he detached my hand from my wrist and sent it sailing into the upper bowl of the Joel. He leaned in a whispered, "We're going to be good again" right before breathing #vibes onto the bloody stump where my hand once was, regenerating it.

Has Harry ever done this at Cameron, Dukeson? I don't think so. I can't believe you're doubting his fandom.

Last edited:
This is false. I'll never forget my first game as a Wake fan. It was 1993 against UNC. Rodney just slammed is 360 yam on those UNC n00bs and the crowd was going nuts. A 7th grade Harry Giles turned around and high-fived me so hard that he detached my hand from my wrist and sent it sailing into the upper bowl of the Joel. He leaned in a whispered, "We're going to be good again" right before breathing #vibes onto the bloody stump where my hand once was, regenerating it.

Has Harry ever done this at Cameron, Dukeson? I don't think so. I can't believe you're doubting his fandom.

Lulz

This is false. I'll never forget my first game as a Wake fan. It was 1993 against UNC. Rodney just slammed his 360 yam on those UNC n00bs and the crowd was going nuts. A 7th grade Harry Giles turned around and high-fived me so hard that he detached my hand from my wrist and sent it sailing into the upper bowl of the Joel. He leaned in a whispered, "We're going to be good again" right before breathing #vibes onto the bloody stump where my hand once was, regenerating it.

This is so crazy because I needed a hand transplant that very day and received one that evening. I bet it is your hand! Thank you Frosty and thank you Harry Giles! #VIBES

This is so crazy because I needed a hand transplant that very day and received one that evening. I bet it is your hand! Thank you Frosty and thank you Harry Giles! #VIBES

David-in-Zoolander-david-duchovny-9722681-500-300.jpg

THE VIBES ARE OUT THERE

Just to pour a little gas on the fire , Phil Ford told a mutual friend, who's a very connected Carolina alum, that Giles was a "done deal" to Wake.

I'm guessing the "mutual friend / very connected Carolina alum" in question is NOT Jeff McGinnis. #haveyoudrivenafordlately

Watching games in utero is the new thing, but alas, he wasn't even a zygote in March 1997.

I hope no fetuses were watching Bills-Jags.

What's a good Halloween costume? Planning on going to some awesome parties this weekend and don't want to look like a doofus.

What's a good Halloween costume? Planning on going to some awesome parties this weekend and don't want to look like a doofus.

Wear a bald cap over a bunch of hotdogs and a Shane Battier jersey. Just fall over as soon as anyone touches you.

Anyone in Mt. Airy watching Giles? More interested in knowing if we have any coaches there.

Back