• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k17-Chaundee Brown commits to WAKE! Brandon Randolph to AZ

If we get both, the odd man out would be Wash. We'd have a four man rotation at SG/SF of Brown, Randolph, Keyshawn and Melo. That would be a hell of a rotation.

If we get both, the odd man out would be Wash. We'd have a four man rotation at SG/SF of Brown, Randolph, Keyshawn and Melo. That would be a hell of a rotation.

As well as Wilbekin. I would think that Melo would not be wholly pleased by both of these commitments either. He's got length though and could probably play the 4 some by year 2 possibility (?)

I would not be shocked to see Wilbekin graduate early like Tree did or get a Dre redshirt if this happens to allow him to transfer.

A key for PT could be if Dinos comes back for Year 4. If not, Melo and Donovan could get some minutes at PF. That would be an amazingly athletic team.

Even if get one of them, we'll be in good shape. We will score a ton of points. Or D may not be great, but we will score.

You guys are getting way ahead of yourselves. Lets wait to talk starting line up until we have signed letters of intent. Just saying

As well as Wilbekin. I would think that Melo would not be wholly pleased by both of these commitments either. He's got length though and could probably play the 4 some by year 2 possibility (?)

If Brown and Randolph are fine together, Melo shouldn't be worried. He looks like he could be a small ball 4.

This is why this board sucks sometimes. We're already planning the possible transfers of players that might very well be starting for us this year based on the hypothetical signings of Top 40 players that are maybe possibly interested in visiting. No wonder we get so fucking bummed when they commit elsewhere.

This is why this board sucks sometimes. We're already planning the possible transfers of players that might very well be starting for us this year based on the hypothetical signings of Top 40 players that are maybe possibly interested in visiting. No wonder we get so fucking bummed when they commit elsewhere.

We only do that because our players aren't really all that good. I'd rather be trying to backfill a spot left by somebody going pro.

You all are crazy. We get two predictions for two players that are listed at the same position to come to Wake (despite the majority of predictions having them go elsewhere) and you all are speculating as to which players will transfer or leave early. So bipolar.

Who is talking about transfers? I was about GRADUATING then a transfer.

I must be missing something. Who is talking transfer?

There are over 3,000 posts on this thread and 90% of them have little to do with actual recruiting news, mostly a mix of rehashed arguments about rankings in general, or the ranking of past Wake players, or trolling and/or general bitching about the current state of Wake basketball.

So if there is a small amount of new news, especially anything positive, it makes sense there's a feeding frenzy of posts about implications and possibilities and discussion about the team because this is still ostensibly a board for people enthusiastic about Wake sports.

You all are crazy. We get two predictions for two players that are listed at the same position to come to Wake (despite the majority of predictions having them go elsewhere) and you all are speculating as to which players will transfer or leave early. So bipolar.

Which is exactly we did with a couple of SG/SFs in the 2016 class. That optimism came and left so quickly I honestly can't remember their names.

I must be missing something. Who is talking transfer?

If I had the energy or inclination I could search through this thread and find dozens of suggestions that players should transfer to make space for better players. It happens all the time.

If this is the reaction to two 'crystal balls' for Wake, I can't wait to see what happens should one or both commit to WFU. This is the fun part of this board for me. It puts a smile on my face to read the excitement and enthusiasm you folks can express. Even if there is no basis in fact. Hell, the bah humbug of myself and others is as much fun.

Of course, the present strength of the Wake BB team is at PG and down low so I could see why two top 50 wings might find Wake to be an appealing destination.

They can all transfer for all I care; as long as they're being replaced by somebody better.

If I had the energy or inclination I could search through this thread and find dozens of suggestions that players should transfer to make space for better players. It happens all the time.

Sure but how about today. What specifically are you complaining about today?

He's just pissed because his favorite EPL team got beat by the Romanian equivalent of a Wake Forest Basketball team.

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k17- Return of the Vibes; Chaundee Brown schedules visit

Sure but how about today. What specifically are you complaining about today?

RJ suggested that a possible three-year starter might graduate early or voluntarily take a fourth year redshirt because of a couple of hypothetical recruits. Jaybone insinuated that our only 2017 signing might decommit for the same reason. They're not wrong, it just rubs me the wrong way to speculate so wildly about players' futures who have committed themselves to our program in favor of better players we may or may not get.

Just betterphaning. Nothing to see here. Mostly mad about my beloved hammers being beaten by the Stetsons of Romania.

Who is a possible three year starter that I mentioned? Wilbekin isn't going to start this year and didn't start much last year. I posted about Wake keeping our word to him and his family about getting a Wake degree and offering him the opportunity to get close to a masters degree as well.

If we get either of those players, he is likely not to play more than 5-8 mpg next year. I'm trying to give him everything we offered and more. I didn't say he should be pushed out. I say we should give what we promised and more.

I think the Dre redshirt program is a very cool thing Danny did. I hope he offers it to other players who have given their all. It could be the best of both worlds.

I like how you insist on challenging the least relevant part of my comment. And you're wrong, as it happens, because wilbekin started 30/31 games his sophomore season.

I agree with much of the rest of your reply, because if you notice in my post I pointed out that you and Jaybone weren't wrong. I simply said that the speculation annoyed me. Not supposed to be a personal affront.

Back