• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k17-Chaundee Brown commits to WAKE! Brandon Randolph to AZ

Are we going to get anyone good in 2017?

Our 247 page is depressing

The way Rondale has stepped up, we may not be in position to add anyone for '17. If G Mac is comfortable going to school so close to home, the options become a lot less likely.

The way Rondale has stepped up, we may not be in position to add anyone for '17. If G Mac is comfortable going to school so close to home, the options become a lot less likely.

We need G Mac to transfer to WSSU.

I would be highly, highly surprised if it's anybody other than UNC.

It's interesting that he isn't waiting to hear about what the violations may be for UNC, but guessing he either: doesn't care, or figures they will be over with by the time he gets there.

fuck you doofus

I think there's a good chance G Mac graduates after next year and then does a graduate program somewhere with his last year of eligibility. He redshirted, so technically wouldn't even need to graduate early a la Rountree. This seems to be the most sensible scenario for all parties. Allows him to get his degree and then save his last year of eligibility where he could get more PT. He's already buried on the bench this year and will only see his already limited minutes decrease next year with Woods and Washington in the mix. If he would rather transfer after this season and have 2 years of eligibility left, then that's fine too, but since we don't really need his scholly for next year, it doesn't really matter what he decides to do.

That is a good point & likely scenario (GMac graduating & playing a 5th yr elsewhere), but even then only having the ability to add one player sure allows Manning to be very selective in the process. Typically it is pretty easy to say get more players these situations work themselves out, but with our roster I am struggling to figure out how that can happen. After GMac, the next likely candidate may still be in high school.

I think there's a good chance G Mac graduates after next year and then does a graduate program somewhere with his last year of eligibility. He redshirted, so technically wouldn't even need to graduate early a la Rountree. This seems to be the most sensible scenario for all parties. Allows him to get his degree and then save his last year of eligibility where he could get more PT. He's already buried on the bench this year and will only see his already limited minutes decrease next year with Woods and Washington in the mix. If he would rather transfer after this season and have 2 years of eligibility left, then that's fine too, but since we don't really need his scholly for next year, it doesn't really matter what he decides to do.

GMac may get more playing time if Crab continues to play horribly. GMac got a few more minutes last night than the previous 2 games probably because Crab was so bad. We need someone to step-up at the 3 position. I hate the 3 guard option; 3 guards hurt our ability to rebound and it's a defensive liability.

Watson's playing better defense than McClinton or Crab. His offense has passed McClinton and is rapidly catching Crab if he continues to struggle.

If there hadn't been so much hype about McClinton being some kind of missing link to excuse the [Redacted] years, I doubt anyone would retain any faith that he will ever be a significant piece of a winning Wake team.

It's so worthless to speculate on players transferring IMO. We were collectively nearly begging for Rondale to transfer for 2 years and now we're finding him to be arguably our best option at the 3. Seems like there is a lesson to be learned.

I will eat some crow on Rondale. Didn't see his defense coming on this strong. He is a very nice bench guard for where we are right now. Based on what we have seen this year it would be Hudson on the way out way before Rondale. It certainly will be interesting to see what happens.

That is a good point & likely scenario (GMac graduating & playing a 5th yr elsewhere), but even then only having the ability to add one player sure allows Manning to be very selective in the process. Typically it is pretty easy to say get more players these situations work themselves out, but with our roster I am struggling to figure out how that can happen. After GMac, the next likely candidate may still be in high school.

The transfer situation looks a lot less clear than it did just a few months ago. I feel like the player(s) most likely to leave early could be the guys we need the most to stay (Dinos and Collins). Further if Hudson continues his bad play and finds himself in Danny's doghouse I could easily seem him leaving. However, I like Hudson a lot and am fully confident he'll turn it around and have great rest of the season.

Just looking at our roster, I really like the team we'll have next year and the year after. 2 deep at every position and a nice group of players whose skill sets should complement each other's very nicely. I'd be very content with only taking 1 player in '17 if it meant having everybody back.

Why on earth would you think Collins would transfer? He's taking DT's role next year.

Losing DT will KILL us next season. We have nobody that is an Alpha type in the front court, I think Craw will fit that bill in the back court to some extent. Hard to expect JC or Doral to do a 180 from their laid back style and it is unreasonable to expect a Freshman SJM to do so.

Losing DT will KILL us next season. We have nobody that is an Alpha type in the front court, I think Craw will fit that bill in the back court to some extent. Hard to expect JC or Doral to do a 180 from their laid back style and it is unreasonable to expect a Freshman SJM to do so.

Yes, DT will be missed next year. There is always the possibility that one of the bigs does step up, because he has been deferential to Devin. Maybe Dinos surprises and really puts in some work to get to NBA draftable level of play in two more years. He has an outside game. Now he needs to add some more post moves and most importantly, better defense, particularly lateral movement to his game. Can he? Will he?

Yes, DT will be missed next year. There is always the possibility that one of the bigs does step up, because he has been deferential to Devin. Maybe Dinos surprises and really puts in some work to get to NBA draftable level of play in two more years. He has an outside game. Now he needs to add some more post moves and most importantly, better defense, particularly lateral movement to his game. Can he? Will he?

Where to begin.

Year after year we hear this. We will be awful when CJ Harris leaves. Scoring went up. McKie leaving will ruin us. We improved.

Devin is having a great year. 17/10 in 30 minutes on average. Struggles from the line. Collins averages 8/4.5 in 14 minutes. Has a nice free throw stroke. Better range outside. Lacks strength and defensive fundamentals. Moore still has a year to develop and we bring in some bulk with SJM. We lose some size and consistency, we gain athleticism and potential. 4 games into the ACC season next year hopefully these posts will be just as wrong as all the rest have been.

Once again, Devin Thomas is on track to become the 9th player in the past 20 years in the ACC to average 16/10. We may be better next year, but we will definitely miss him inside imo.

Once again, Devin Thomas is on track to become the 9th player in the past 20 years in the ACC to average 16/10. We may be better next year, but we will definitely miss him inside imo.

Well, he is a freak of nature.

Yes, my "Devin would be a 5th option on a mid-tier tourney team" was probably my worst take ever. He's been great this year. Just don't see how we'll be better next year without him.

Back