• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k17-Chaundee Brown commits to WAKE! Brandon Randolph to AZ

Yes, my "Devin would be a 5th option on a mid-tier tourney team" was probably my worst take ever. He's been great this year. Just don't see how we'll be better next year without him.

oh shit, i forgot about that take

Once again, Devin Thomas is on track to become the 9th player in the past 20 years in the ACC to average 16/10. We may be better next year, but we will definitely miss him inside imo.

Don't get me wrong - we'll definitely miss him. Hope like hell we make the tourney this year for him and Codi. But I still think we can be a better team next year.

It's so worthless to speculate on players transferring IMO. We were collectively nearly begging for Rondale to transfer for 2 years and now we're finding him to be arguably our best option at the 3. Seems like there is a lesson to be learned.

Well said.

Don't get me wrong - we'll definitely miss him. Hope like hell we make the tourney this year for him and Codi. But I still think we can be a better team next year.

There are a lot of factors that could go into this:

Does Dinos stay?
Does Collins put on the upper body weight/strength to bang down low for 25+ minutes?
Does Collins learn how to stay out of foul trouble?
Does Moore develop into a guy that can play 15 minutes a night?
How good is SJM right away?

He can be "replaced" in a number of different ways, but we are trading a sure thing this year for a lot of question marks next year. The productivity will also be comprised of a lot of different players.

The starting lineup for next year (if I had to guess right now) looks like this:

Crawford
Woods
Watson
Dinos
Collins

Manning likes a three-guard lineup, and Watson/Crawford should both be able to stay in front of their man at a decent clip. Unsure of Woods defense, but we know what we have in Dinos, and Collins will likely improve.

There is shooting all over the court there, and we can bring Wilbekin/Hudson/McClinton off the bench.

We may start Wilbekin since he will be a junior, so just replace Woods with Wilbekin.

Given what we've seen from Moore so far, I think there's no question he'll be ready to see a large amount of PT next year. Hell, I think he could play 15 minutes a night right now and we'd be just fine. Dinos, JC, and Moore should be able to handle the bulk of minutes in the frontcourt and I think anything from SJM would be an added bonus. Luckily, we won't really need him to come in and play a lot, if everyone returns and stays healthy. Also, given that starting lineup you named, I think our second unit could be very good. Childress, Wilbekin, Washington, Hudson, and Moore. It's gonna be awesome having two completely different lineups where 4/5 guys on the floor can shoot it.

There are a lot of factors that could go into this:

Does Dinos stay?
Does Collins put on the upper body weight/strength to bang down low for 25+ minutes?
Does Collins learn how to stay out of foul trouble?
Does Moore develop into a guy that can play 15 minutes a night?
How good is SJM right away?

He can be "replaced" in a number of different ways, but we are trading a sure thing this year for a lot of question marks next year. The productivity will also be comprised of a lot of different players.

The starting lineup for next year (if I had to guess right now) looks like this:

Crawford
Woods
Watson
Dinos
Collins

Manning likes a three-guard lineup, and Watson/Crawford should both be able to stay in front of their man at a decent clip. Unsure of Woods defense, but we know what we have in Dinos, and Collins will likely improve.

There is shooting all over the court there, and we can bring Wilbekin/Hudson/McClinton off the bench.

We may start Wilbekin since he will be a junior, so just replace Woods with Wilbekin.

I have to say, that starting 5 could also look a lot different.
Crawford for sure
SG could be almost any 2 on the roster
SF- I expect Rich Wash to be solidly in the mix
PF- Dinos
C- Don't rule out Moore

Collins and Dinos might not fly well as a frontcourt defensively esp against big teams. Dinos so important for offense that I could see him starting over Collins who will obviously still have a much bigger role. Could Dinos cover Centers defensively in a year? Collins needs to be a PF and he has range that he hardly ever tests this year to go with his very efficient low post game.

For as much as this latest round of this conversation is intriguing, why does it always have to happen on this thread?

We have 2017 offers out and it appears as though we are actively recruiting players in the Class of 2017. Regardless of how we get there, that's the only relevant information for this thread.

http://www.scout.com/college/basket...632824-high-majors-track-kostas-antetokounmpo

Greek Freak's little brother is a 2016 wing and just had a growth spurt similar to Giannis and is now 6'11''.

“Iowa State has offered me, Memphis has and I think St. John's will offer me and hopefully Florida,” Antetokounmpo told Scout. “There are some other schools talking to me too,” he added.

The other schools include Georgia, Texas, Wake Forest and Xavier.

For as much as this latest round of this conversation is intriguing, why does it always have to happen on this thread?

We have 2017 offers out and it appears as though we are actively recruiting players in the Class of 2017. Regardless of how we get there, that's the only relevant information for this thread.

...because it's the only thread out there that really talks about the future of Wake basketball? Regardless I will cease all conversations not about 2017 recruiting.

I'll keep my posts to #breakingnews

...because it's the only thread out there that really talks about the future of Wake basketball? Regardless I will cease all conversations not about 2017 recruiting.

I'll keep my posts to #breakingnews

I wasn't referring to you in particular. I just don't see how pages speculating who is going to transfer is relevant to a recruiting thread.

I wasn't referring to you in particular. I just don't see how pages speculating who is going to transfer is relevant to a recruiting thread.

Scholarship count.

http://www.scout.com/college/basket...632824-high-majors-track-kostas-antetokounmpo

Greek Freak's little brother is a 2016 wing and just had a growth spurt similar to Giannis and is now 6'11''.

“Iowa State has offered me, Memphis has and I think St. John's will offer me and hopefully Florida,” Antetokounmpo told Scout. “There are some other schools talking to me too,” he added.

The other schools include Georgia, Texas, Wake Forest and Xavier.

That dude has had a really strange recruitment. I can't understand why nobody has offered him.

Scholarship count.

If the staff is actively recruiting 2017 players, then they're expecting some turnover... Between renewing the replacing Devin/CMM talk and speculating on whether Greg/Rondale will transfer, it's just getting a bit stale.

Back