• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k17-Chaundee Brown commits to WAKE! Brandon Randolph to AZ

That dude has had a really strange recruitment. I can't understand why nobody has offered him.

His HS stats from that article aren't great for a 6'11'' mismatch nightmare. 10.6 points, 6.5 rebounds and 2.5 blocks a game. He's got to be really raw, but his upside is obvious.

His HS stats from that article aren't great for a 6'11'' mismatch nightmare. 10.6 points, 6.5 rebounds and 2.5 blocks a game. He's got to be really raw, but his upside is obvious.

For sure, though the Curry-rule should probably apply here.

By chance does Porzingus have a little brother? Asking for a program.

http://www.scout.com/college/basket...632824-high-majors-track-kostas-antetokounmpo

Greek Freak's little brother is a 2016 wing and just had a growth spurt similar to Giannis and is now 6'11''.

“Iowa State has offered me, Memphis has and I think St. John's will offer me and hopefully Florida,” Antetokounmpo told Scout. “There are some other schools talking to me too,” he added.

The other schools include Georgia, Texas, Wake Forest and Xavier.

Greek freaks!

That dude has had a really strange recruitment. I can't understand why nobody has offered him.

i've been asking about him for like a year and a half now on the 2016 thread

he seems like a pretty safe bet and someone that could be a relatively easy sign? it's not like we'd have to compete with the blue bloods for him.

We have a fellow countryman on the team. Make it happen.

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k17- Rechon Black to to UNC; 1st post updated

Get the smoothies going for the OV.

Last edited:
There are a lot of factors that could go into this:

Does Dinos stay?
Does Collins put on the upper body weight/strength to bang down low for 25+ minutes?
Does Collins learn how to stay out of foul trouble?
Does Moore develop into a guy that can play 15 minutes a night?
How good is SJM right away?

He can be "replaced" in a number of different ways, but we are trading a sure thing this year for a lot of question marks next year. The productivity will also be comprised of a lot of different players.

The starting lineup for next year (if I had to guess right now) looks like this:

Crawford
Woods
Watson
Dinos
Collins

Manning likes a three-guard lineup, and Watson/Crawford should both be able to stay in front of their man at a decent clip. Unsure of Woods defense, but we know what we have in Dinos, and Collins will likely improve.

There is shooting all over the court there, and we can bring Wilbekin/Hudson/McClinton off the bench.

We may start Wilbekin since he will be a junior, so just replace Woods with Wilbekin.[/QUOTE.
You forgot about Chill, Washington and the other freshmen.

For as much as this latest round of this conversation is intriguing, why does it always have to happen on this thread?

We have 2017 offers out and it appears as though we are actively recruiting players in the Class of 2017. Regardless of how we get there, that's the only relevant information for this thread.
Who says?

Taking a flyer on a player because of their older brother. No major schools recruited Seth Curry out of HS even after Steph blew up at Davidson.

Though little Greek Freak is still getting way more love than Seth did.

Taking a flyer on a player because of their older brother. No major schools recruited Seth Curry out of HS even after Steph blew up at Davidson.

Though little Greek Freak is still getting way more love than Seth did.

Thanks. Thought it might be a case of little brother getting more hype because of older bro but never reaching older bro level. I guess that would be the Teague effect

Per the Charlotte Observer, Black narrowed his choice to UNC and Wake. UNC is going to get hammered. #vibes

Did he officially announce?

Back