• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k17-Chaundee Brown commits to WAKE! Brandon Randolph to AZ

No, no, no...you are describing off the radar. Huge difference, with respect to Doppler2000 accuracy.

Fair enough.

Duncan is a pretty unique case, but he did have a Big East offer in addition to ours.

Something like Duncan would probably never happen again. Nowadays, Duncan would have a mixtape and would get several offers and probably some from top tier programs looking for fill a spot.

Something like Duncan would probably never happen again. Nowadays, Duncan would have a mixtape and would get several offers and probably some from top tier programs looking for fill a spot.

I don't see many mixtapes for kids from the Caribbean or Africa for that matter unless they are already in the US for high school. So I think you could still have a potential NBA lottery pick emerge from seemingly nowhere like that again. Haiti would seem to be most likely place for something like that to happen. But if we're talking future NBA Hall of Famer, then there's so few of them to begin with that it's not even worth speculating about.

Dinos didn't have a mixtape. Most college caliber Euro prospects don't. He's been good for us.

Dinos had a mixtape. We dissected it for weeks.

Pretty sure it surfaced when he was rumored to be a target.

Neon Bordeaux's mixtape would have been off the hook.

There was a Dinos mixtape, not very impressive

The end was better and representative of who we got.

Yes, I remember him going for a dunk and slipping on the floor when he landed within the first 30 seconds.

I don't see many mixtapes for kids from the Caribbean or Africa for that matter unless they are already in the US for high school. So I think you could still have a potential NBA lottery pick emerge from seemingly nowhere like that again. Haiti would seem to be most likely place for something like that to happen. But if we're talking future NBA Hall of Famer, then there's so few of them to begin with that it's not even worth speculating about.

I mean, how many times did a Duncan happen before the actual Duncan happened?

I mean, how many times did a Duncan happen before the actual Duncan happened?

You must be unfamiliar with a cult-classic documentary The Air Up There where a young Jimmy Dolan discovers Saleh who becomes a star in the NCAA. Duncan before Duncan if you will.

Harry Froling (2016, PF) committed to SMU yesterday. It's pretty clear that we backed off awhile ago, but damn. The kid is going to be a player.

Back