• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k17-Chaundee Brown commits to WAKE! Brandon Randolph to AZ

Justin Byerly ‏@Justinbyerly 1h
2019 sensation Wendell Moore had Wendell Moore 18 points and 16 rebounds for Cox Mill HS tonight. @_ballislife_boy

Concord beat Cox Mill 67-62 tonight. Rechon Black had 21 pts and 5 rebs in the win.

I came across this announcement on Twitter:

Outside of the fact that the "analyst" looks like he is the same age as McGriff, it's worth noting that this kid is getting a ton of hype for a high school freshman.
Lawless is a pretty good source of info on east coast basketball, especially the ACC territories.

I came across this announcement on Twitter:

That kid looks awesome. We need him at Wake.

No thanks. I know he is young but he passed up wide open layups just to make ridiculous (not good ridiculous) passes to teammates. Doing a pull up at 3/4 court just to juke the guarding point guard. Taking 30 stutter steps as fast as he can to fake someone out is just going to tire him out. Its like he was coached by Curly Neal and Meadowlark Lemon.

McGriff looks like he might lead the league in assists, turnovers ,and elbows taken to the head. That highlight reel makes me think he might be.... polarizing to say the least.

No thanks. I know he is young but he passed up wide open layups just to make ridiculous (not good ridiculous) passes to teammates. Doing a pull up at 3/4 court just to juke the guarding point guard. Taking 30 stutter steps as fast as he can to fake someone out is just going to tire him out. Its like he was coached by Curly Neal and Meadowlark Lemon.

Given his size neither of the layups he passed up (I counted two) were really that open. I'm pretty sure I've seen Steph use every single one of the moves this kid busted out. When you are that small you've got to create space somehow. He needs to grow though.

Older video of Richard Washington that I'd never seen before. Mostly just practice tape but some pickup or loosely organized ball included.

The sooner this kid can get here, the better.

Last edited:
I've seen many Rich Wash highlights and until the last :30 of that video I was curious if he could dunk

That is a very nice looking jump shot and the best thing about it is that is consistent shot after shot, no quirks. He will be a good shooter both from the field and FT line going by his smooth stroke

Curious what others think is Manning's plan with regard to Roster.

I think most would agree that SG and SF have been disasters this year. Washington/Hudson/DMitchell have at least the tools to succeed and we are not likely to bring in another of exact skill set at SF. For the sake of argument, lets assume Woods is at least decent. We simply can't have MW and RW as our other 2G options for the next 2 years--that is not a plan for success. I think MW is a decent bench guy here and there but you aren't winning many ACC games with him playing major minutes. RW is decent defender but can't create, can't shoot the 3, and is subpar FT shooter---again not what you want. I think Manning needs to add another SG in 2016---late bloomer, grad transfer, foreign, grown in lab. Probably need another PF also---DMitchell may be listed as a PF but he looks supper skinny and looks like he likes to play more like a guard.

Where are all the mixtapes that highlight a prospect's defensive skills and effort?

I think most would agree that SG and SF have been disasters this year. Washington/Hudson/DMitchell have at least the tools to succeed and we are not likely to bring in another of exact skill set at SF. For the sake of argument, lets assume Woods is at least decent. We simply can't have MW and RW as our other 2G options for the next 2 years--that is not a plan for success. I think MW is a decent bench guy here and there but you aren't winning many ACC games with him playing major minutes. RW is decent defender but can't create, can't shoot the 3, and is subpar FT shooter---again not what you want. I think Manning needs to add another SG in 2016---late bloomer, grad transfer, foreign, grown in lab. Probably need another PF also---DMitchell may be listed as a PF but he looks supper skinny and looks like he likes to play more like a guard.

I would think he may be a candidate for a red shirt because he is way too weak/skinny looking

Manning's already addressed that - transfer Keyshaun Woods.

So Woods, Wilbeken, and Watson will be our SGs until 2018? Not exactly how you compete with talent in the ACC

Back