• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k18 - Hoard, Mucius, Lewis, and Wright sign NLIs!

Hollow bones...like a bird.
He moves like a bird, lightly bobbing his head, and you keep still because you think maybe his visual accuity is based on movement like a T-Rex, and maybe he'll lose you if you don't move. But no. Not Velociraptor.

Hoard and Wiggins both go to Wesleyan (where Giles and Childress went).

I watched Hoard, Wiggins, Newman, and Dillard play the other night at the GDS-Wesleyan game. Hoard was the best player on the court, he will have his pick of colleges. He is very long, rebounded very well, and finishes around the basket. Hoard's shot is still coming along, but it looks like in a couple years it could be dropping easily from range. GDS shut down Wiggins, he did not impress at all (that night). He looks the part and has a decent shot, but he was a total non-factor on offense. He never asserted himself or tried to make moves toward the basket. He also never handled the ball or tried to make moves off the dribble.

Newman has a great game, knocks down midrange jumpers off the dribble consistently. He also makes smart plays and plays great defense. I doubt he will ever be a star in the ACC, but I bet he will be a solid 4 year contributor wherever he goes. Dillard is a solid player, but i do not think that he will be an ACC player.

Most wake forest thing ever to have 15 recruits in town for the game to watch the us completely choke it away. At least they'll know what they're in for! Least clutch school there ever was....

Melo Eggleston has 14 pts 7 rebs while playing the second half alone tonight. From what I can gather, his team was playing in a tournament and he sat the whole first half in order to get some teammates exposure to scouts/schools. Was noted that he was the best player on the floor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Melo Eggleston has 14 pts 7 rebs while playing the second half alone tonight. From what I can gather, his team was playing in a tournament and he sat the whole first half in order to get some teammates exposure to scouts/schools. Was noted that he was the best player on the floor.

Any more info on the tourney or competition?

I just gathered that info from his twitter page. Apparently there is a scout/new high school prep guy that goes to a lot of ND prep games. There is definitely not a wealth of information out about him.

Most wake forest thing ever to have 15 recruits in town for the game to watch the us completely choke it away. At least they'll know what they're in for! Least clutch school there ever was....

Maybe they have short attention spans and left at halftime up by 10! :thumbsup:

if it comes to that, i believe we will go after Graduate Transfer. he medical redshirted 1 year at Small School, numbers are decent but didn't play great competition.

It'll be interesting to monitor our 2018 PF and C recruiting situation over the next couple of months.

We have thus far only offered one 2018 PF/C - David McCormack - and his offer sheet includes Kansas, Maryland, Louisville, Baylor, Florida State, Miami, North Carolina State, and Georgetown, among many others.

I would expect that to change.

It'll be interesting to monitor our 2018 PF and C recruiting situation over the next couple of months.

We have thus far only offered one 2018 PF/C - David McCormack - and his offer sheet includes Kansas, Maryland, Louisville, Baylor, Florida State, Miami, North Carolina State, and Georgetown, among many others.

I would expect that to change.

Based on the possibility gaining traction that Collins is gone? I have a hunch we have Collins for one more year. Based on nothing mind you. He's a a young soph and looks it. He's strong, but he is going to fill out naturally over the next 3 to 5 years. I think he LOVES dominating.

But you are right, if we start showing up at 6'11" kids gyms, it is a sign that Danny Manning and staff know something about Collins future that would indicate he is/may bolt[ing]

Based on the possibility gaining traction that Collins is gone? I have a hunch we have Collins for one more year. Based on nothing mind you. He's a a young soph and looks it. He's strong, but he is going to fill out naturally over the next 3 to 5 years. I think he LOVES dominating.

But you are right, if we start showing up at 6'11" kids gyms, it is a sign that Danny Manning and staff know something about Collins future that would indicate he is/may bolt[ing]

The question was about 2018 recruits. We clearly will need those either way, because there is almost no way Collins is here as a Senior barring injury.

Since, it's been a while since he committed, do we know much of anything about Sunday Okeke? I did a quick youtube last night and came up with nothing but some homemade videos of (what appeared to be) him dunking on an outdoor court in Nigeria and maybe one from a tournament in 2014.

He's a preferred walk-on, right?

Since, it's been a while since he committed, do we know much of anything about Sunday Okeke? I did a quick youtube last night and came up with nothing but some homemade videos of (what appeared to be) him dunking on an outdoor court in Nigeria and maybe one from a tournament in 2014.

He's a preferred walk-on, right?

His stats are pretty decent. averaging about 13ppg and 16 rpg. Seems to block 4-5 shots every game too but don't know anything about the competitio don't think is is real high quality though

I am of the "Collins will go pro" after this year camp. He'll probably be drafted in the bottom half of the first round, which gives him a guaranteed contract for multiple millions of dollars. He can finish growing on an NBA team's bench under the guidance of their S&C coach. He showed that he can shoot (and hit) the elbow jumper from 15 feet and has a nice FT stroke - and hits a lot of them. He showed he can score almost at will against even the elite PF's and C's in college. (As long as somebody can get him the ball.)

If he plays at Wake next year, he probably will be leaving $1 - 1.5 million on the table.

If he goes pro next year and continues to improve, his first contract will likely be for $5-7M more. However, he'll have an extra year to earn that.

Back