• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k18 - Hoard, Mucius, Lewis, and Wright sign NLIs!

IIRC, we weren't even in the final list for Harris. Either he or the staff moved on. Clemson was the ACC school I expected him to go to if any

We are good at PG next year and aren't we high on Dotson's list for 2018?

I figure Dotson is our #1 point guard for 2018, but why aren't we pursuing Prentiss Hubb? A top 35 over point guard who goes to Bryant Crawford's high school and has to have watched Bryant Crawford succeed in our offense. Strikes me as a little strange, but maybe there was interest on our side and not reciprocated?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I figure Dotson is our #1 point guard for 2018, but why aren't we pursuing Prentiss Hubb? A top 35 over point guard who goes to Bryant Crawford's high school and has to have watched Bryant Crawford succeed in our offense. Strikes me as a little strange, but maybe there was interest on our side and not reciprocated?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We offered Hubb last April and he was still listing us as recently as December. He was supposed to have cut his list in January, so he may have eliminated us by now.

Since I love talking about minutes, I might as well opine on next season.

I can't think of anyone (aside from McClinton) that has lost significant minutes y/y since Manning became coach. I had expected to see less Wilbekin this season after he played 28 minutes per game in each of his first 2 seasons... But he still played 24 minutes per game (even w/ Woods & Childress getting more minutes than I would have expected this time last year).

I'd expect to see a lot of Crawford/Woods/Brown, which probably benefits Woods the most in terms of getting open looks when Crawford and Brown put the ball on the deck. Wilbekin and Childress will clearly get a lot of minutes, as well.

The only way I see us pursuing a guard/wing instead of a big is if Crawford decides to try his luck in the NBA. Otherwise, as others have mentioned, it shows that Manning has very little faith in Washington, Mitchell, or Eggleston contributing in 17-18.

With no Collins, our frontcourt scares me... Even if we get Sarr.

Put another way, I am assuming Crawford/Woods/Wilbekin/Childress play about the same combined total of minutes (~108).

Also assuming Brown takes Arians ~23mpg and Dinos plays the 22-24 mpg he's played all 3 years.

That leaves 46 minutes for SJM/Moore/Sarr?/Washington/Mitchell/Melo... I can't see SJM or Moore playing more that 15mpg each. Would love to see Sarr on the roster... Could probably count for 30mpg total out of a combination of SJM/Moore/Sarr.

All of this to say that we need a big that can contribute right away. He doesn't need to be able to score. He needs to be able to rebound and play defense. I don't think that Sarr alone will fill that hole.

doesn't seem like NCSU will be a fun place to play next season

Watched a lot of UNCW ball last two years (both teams to NCAA). They absolutely were a 'fun' team to watch. The got up and down the court. They kept the crowd in the game. I think NCSU is going to be a really fun place to play the next few years.

Put another way, I am assuming Crawford/Woods/Wilbekin/Childress play about the same combined total of minutes (~108).

Also assuming Brown takes Arians ~23mpg and Dinos plays the 22-24 mpg he's played all 3 years.

That leaves 46 minutes for SJM/Moore/Sarr?/Washington/Mitchell/Melo... I can't see SJM or Moore playing more that 15mpg each. Would love to see Sarr on the roster... Could probably count for 30mpg total out of a combination of SJM/Moore/Sarr.

All of this to say that we need a big that can contribute right away. He doesn't need to be able to score. He needs to be able to rebound and play defense. I don't think that Sarr alone will fill that hole.

If Collins goes I expect to see Dinos play 30+ minutes per game unless eggleston is ready to contibute right away or Washington/Mitchell/SJM/Moore make a Collins like leap. I'm bullish on Dinos next year so I'm really only worried about the other 50 minutes in the frontcourt.

We might see some super small lineups with Brown at the "4" but I doubt we can get away with that more than 5 minutes a game on defense. That's where the notion that Brown is just going to step into Arians' minutes falls apart. Arians spent a lot of time at the 4.

I think Crawford, Woods, Brown will be the starting backcourt and play ~80 mpg. Chill and Wilbekin will chip in another 40, and the better of Eggleston/Washington will fill the McClinton role of 5-10 mpg.

If Dinos plays 30, that leaves roughly 40 mpg between SJM/Moore/Mitchell/postgrad/Sarr. We will need multiple people to step up. Best case scenario (other than Collins coming back obviously) is likely that SJM and a postgrad big can competently fill those minutes.

Given that Craw has played over 30 mpg in each of his season and that Woods played 30 mpg, I think the number we will be looking at for those two and Brown will be in the 90-96 range.

I agree that Dinos is likely to play 30 mpg if he's up to it. I will not be shocked to see Sam/Doral play over 30 mpg between them. Where the other minutes will come from will be interesting to see. I wonder if we are looking at grad bigs.

If Collins goes I expect to see Dinos play 30+ minutes per game unless eggleston is ready to contibute right away or Washington/Mitchell/SJM/Moore make a Collins like leap. I'm bullish on Dinos next year so I'm really only worried about the other 50 minutes in the frontcourt.

We might see some super small lineups with Brown at the "4" but I doubt we can get away with that more than 5 minutes a game on defense. That's where the notion that Brown is just going to step into Arians' minutes falls apart. Arians spent a lot of time at the 4.

I think Crawford, Woods, Brown will be the starting backcourt and play ~80 mpg. Chill and Wilbekin will chip in another 40, and the better of Eggleston/Washington will fill the McClinton role of 5-10 mpg.

If Dinos plays 30, that leaves roughly 40 mpg between SJM/Moore/Mitchell/postgrad/Sarr. We will need multiple people to step up. Best case scenario (other than Collins coming back obviously) is likely that SJM and a postgrad big can competently fill those minutes.

I just plugged Brown into those Arians minutes because it was easy math... Yeah, they are clearly different players. My point was that we have a ton of depth @ the 1&2, but not a ton of minutes... That means Brown and Woods are likely to see a lot of time at the 3 (and maybe even a bit at the 4, as you mention).

I'm less confident in Dinos logging 30 minutes per game... Mostly because I'm concerned about how good we'd be on defense under that scenario. Less so because of conditioning factors... But there aren't many bigs in the ACC logging 30 minutes a game.

Obviously, it is silly to speculate with this level of specificity given we don't even know the complete roster for next season. It just makes it clear (to me, at least) that we need to add some frontcourt help (and hope that Melo/Mitchell/Washington can give ~10 quality minutes on the wing).

Given that Craw has played over 30 mpg in each of his season and that Woods played 30 mpg, I think the number we will be looking at for those two and Brown will be in the 90-96 range.

I agree that Dinos is likely to play 30 mpg if he's up to it. I will not be shocked to see Sam/Doral play over 30 mpg between them. Where the other minutes will come from will be interesting to see. I wonder if we are looking at grad bigs.

Didn't realize Crawford/Woods ended up playing that many minutes. 90 seems about right for them plus Brown but I doubt it is more than that, especially if Chill continues to grow as a backup pg.

Crawford and Woods were the only guys that played 30mpg for us. Wake Forest didn't have a single player in the top 20 of ACC minutes played.

Back