• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k18 - Hoard, Mucius, Lewis, and Wright sign NLIs!

If I got to choose, I would want to get a really athletic 3/4 thats tall and can defend. Assuming Collins leaves, im high on SJM and his ceiling. Splitting time with him and Doral at the five should be plenty of defense and rebounding. College basketball isn't a big man-oriented game though so having an athletic option at the 3/4 would be huge for defense and rebounding probably more than bringing in a grad transfer 5.
My ideal lineup for next year would be something like
Crawford/Chill
Woods/Brown/Crawford
Brown/Eggleston/Wash
Grad transfer/Dinos/Mitchell
SJM/Doral/*someone for small lineup*
**spot minutes the rest of the way**
That obviously changes if Collins stays, but it doesn't look to me like Sarr is ready to contribute as a freshman if he comes here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I got to choose, I would want to get a really athletic 3/4 thats tall and can defend. Assuming Collins leaves, im high on SJM and his ceiling. Splitting time with him and Doral at the five should be plenty of defense and rebounding. College basketball isn't a big man-oriented game though so having an athletic option at the 3/4 would be huge for defense and rebounding probably more than bringing in a grad transfer 5.
My ideal lineup for next year would be something like
Crawford/Chill
Woods/Brown/Crawford
Brown/Eggleston/Wash
Grad transfer/Dinos/Mitchell
SJM/Doral/*someone for small lineup*
**spot minutes the rest of the way**
That obviously changes if Collins stays, but it doesn't look to me like Sarr is ready to contribute as a freshman if he comes here.

:sick:

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k18- Sarr's decision coming soon: WF, Cal, Vandy, or UCF?

Chaundee primarily at the 2 seems like a no brainer as long as we have enough personnel to cover the other positions. I'd love to see us get a lot bigger/longer next year and cause some havoc on the defensive end.

It's probably best player available as far as who to add, but someone that can guard the 2/3 and small 4's would be awesome.

We return most of our shooters, add more slashing ability in CB, and hopefully the bigs get coached up to be able to patch things up down low.

OR if JC stays we tweak things a bit, work on D, and press the dominate button.

Should be an interesting few months around this thread.

Chaundee primarily at the 2 seems like a no brainer as long as we have enough personnel to cover the other positions. I'd love to see us get a lot bigger/longer next year and cause some havoc on the defensive end.

It's probably best player available as far as who to add, but someone that can guard the 2/3 and small 4's would be awesome.

We return most of our shooters, add more slashing ability in CB, and hopefully the bigs get coached up to be able to patch things up down low.

OR if JC stays we tweak things a bit, work on D, and press the dominate button.

Should be an interesting few months around this thread.

Chaundee will play the 3 unless Manning determines that he'd rather have Washington, Eggleston, wing grad transfer in the floor over a junior Woods. I highly doubt that is going to happen.

Without Collins I suspect our depth chart will be:

Crawford/Chill
Woods/Chilkbekin
Chaundee / Chillbekin / EggleWash
Postgrad/Dinos/Mitchell
Dinos/SJM/Doral/(Sarr if he comes)

Though I'm hopeful SJM progresses enough to start at the 5 and push Dinos back to the 4 spot. I doubt that SJM progresses enough AND we find a postgrad/freshman good enough to keep a senior Dinos on the bench.

Last edited:
I would bet that Danny is working towards not having the same issues next year as we did this year. I think in an ideal world that would be woods/brown getting most of the minutes at the 2 and bringing in a stud post grad 3 with 6'4+ size.

And I agree that it's not a question of if Dinos will start, but at what position and next to who.

A lot still TBD - I think Danny will be able to build on a good 2017

The biggest addition to our roster (outside of Chaundee) will not be a grad transfer, but will be if Eggleston, Washington, Mitchell show that they can play good minutes at the 3. This could push Wilbekin's minutes even lower. Subtract some Wilbekin and add a long athletic wing that can *hopefully* shoot and it will improve our team greatly.

Childress and Wilbekin combined for 46.3 min/game in ACC play. Arians averaged 22.7. That's 69 minutes at PG, SG, and SF not accounted for by Crawford and Woods. If we had a post-grad SF playing 25-30 min, Brown would easily play 20-25 min as the backup SG/SF with plenty of minutes left for Childress and Wilbekin.

I'd be fine with a post-grad wing defender, grown ass post enforcer, or even a tweener. Along with Collins' decision, some of it comes down to if Manning thinks Mitchell and/or Eggleston can contribute at SF or PF.

No disrespect at all to Woods but if he could be our go-to 6th man, then that would be great news because it means Chaundee is good enough to start day one or by ACC play.

Getting a little off topic, but I predict that next year is the pay off year for Dinos Mitiglou. He's arguably given more to our program than anyone since the Manning era began. I think he will have a chance to play whatever position and skill set best sets him up for a pro future and be the next feather in Manning's cap.

No disrespect at all to Woods but if he could be our go-to 6th man, then that would be great news because it means Chaundee is good enough to start day one or by ACC play.

Getting a little off topic, but I predict that next year is the pay off year for Dinos Mitiglou. He's arguably given more to our program than anyone since the Manning era began. I think he will have a chance to play whatever position and skill set best sets him up for a pro future and be the next feather in Manning's cap.

Hopefully it's as simple as him practicing and finding his stroke again now that he is much thicker and actually puts in effort on the defensive end. I'd also like to see him be able to run an offense from the elbow/free-throw line when teams go 2-3. We know he can hit that jumper, but passing has not been a strong point for our bigs. Hopefully that's only because they have had more glaring issues to work on. Dinos has come a long way in terms of adding balance to his game. It's not easy to create defense and rebounding from scratch the way he did.

Last edited:
In fantasy land, Dinos is a stretch 5 off the bench like the Spurs are doing with Gasol, Moore turns into a reliable shotblocker/finisher like Dedmon, and Collins develops a killer 15 foot jumper like LMA.

I doubt we find a 6'4+ post grad wing better than the 6'4+ freshman wing we have coming in.

Chaundee will start, as will Woods unless we can find a postgrad wing player better than him. That would be awesome but I doubt it's going to happen.

If Collins comes back it would be awesome if we could start him with SJM/Moore, get their bigs in foul trouble and then run 5 out with Dinos (with a rediscovered shot) at the 5 surrounded by Crawford, Woods, Brown, and postgrad wing/eggleston.

Just saying that Brown looks like a taller Woods which is good. Brown doesn't seem to have the length at SF we need. I do agree we probably won't get that type of post-grad if one exists.

In fantasy land, Dinos is a stretch 5 off the bench like the Spurs are doing with Gasol, Moore turns into a reliable shotblocker/finisher like Dedmon, and Collins develops a killer 15 foot jumper like LMA.

Agreed. I think the ideal scenario has Collins extending his range with the ability of Doral and Collins to defensively dominate the paint. Collins is going to have to get mobile defending big men in the NBA as well. He might as well develop that in college. We need one of this year's freshmen, Rich Wash, DonMitchell, to develop into a 3. Chaundee at the 2 and Crawford at the 1. If the fresh still aren't panning out, Chaundee at the 3, Keyshawn at the 2, Crawford at the 1. And Chill is coming off the bench pretty quickly.

ESPN has Brown listed at 6'5" 210lbs now, as do a few other 2017 sources.

It doesn't really matter what you label him, we're going to start Crawford/Woods/Brown minus something crazy happening. Dinos will start as well. The wild card is that last spot - it could go to SJM or Doral as expected, it could go to a transfer similar to Arians last year, or a late signing like Sarr. I could definitely see Manning favoring an athletic 4 with Dinos playing stretch 5 if that's what our talent dictated. Minus a big leap in the offseason, SJM and Moore are both bench players. I doubt Melo or Mitchell will be ready. If we don't get Sarr we would absolutely kill for a PF/C with size inside. Basically we need to be on the Oregon side of the next Tony Woods...

let's say JC is gone and we get Sarr, we want to spend open scholly on a 2017 PG instead of a grad transfer?

let's say JC is gone and we get Sarr, we want to spend open scholly on a 2017 PG instead of a grad transfer?
From a roster standpoint, I don't know how much sense it makes, but we're still in a position where we should be taking all the talent we can get, and Harris was a top 100 type who was perceived to be choosing between us and Washington. Assuming he's still interested, I wouldn't turn him down, personally.

Back